Is Alfa coming back to the US?

Old September 1st 04, 07:09 AM
George Graves

Default Is Alfa coming back to the US?

In article >,
"Charter News" > wrote:

> Does anyone know if Alfa will be returning to the US? And if they are, what
> with?

No, they will NOT be coming back to the US market, at least not in this
decade.

--
George Graves
------------------

Bush is a poor leader because he isn't very smart.
What's Kerry's excuse gonna be?
Old September 1st 04, 01:29 PM
Martin Smarda

"George Graves" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> No, they will NOT be coming back to the US market, at least not in this
> decade.

Huh?
From where do you know that?
I thought 2007 was the "day-of-return"

--
lg, Martin
www.desmodue.net

Old September 1st 04, 05:08 PM
Arjan Kuiper

Well.....knowing FIAT, the company who owns Alfa.
They don't even know what to do with our precious brand.
It will not happen, at least not for some time.

Saluti sportive, Arjan.

Old September 1st 04, 07:25 PM
Alfistagj

"Charter News" > schreef in bericht
> Does anyone know if Alfa will be returning to the US? And if they are,

what
> with?

When the joint strike force Ferrari/Maserati/AlfaRomeo is actually going to
be formed (it looks like it at the moment), Alfa will be the grou's'volume
brand.
Then they will return to the USA for sure.
Under the FIAT/GM unbrella, you will never know what will happen.
Plans change from day to day.

--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old September 1st 04, 10:39 PM
George Graves

In article >,
"Martin Smarda" > wrote:

> "George Graves" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> > No, they will NOT be coming back to the US market, at least not in this
> > decade.

> Huh?
> From where do you know that?
> I thought 2007 was the "day-of-return"

Actually, the FIAT COO said so recently in an interview. I had a link
for it a Stephen's Alfa in Pompano Beach FL, but he's taken the quote
down. Also, I know someone in Alfa Romeo PR at Fiat, and he says that he
doubts seriously that it will ever happen, and BTW, that 2007 date has
been pushed out now to 2008 as of the last official word on the subject
(unless you can consider a Fiat COO's speech as the "official word.").

--
George Graves

Bush is a poor leader because he isn't very smart.
What's Kerry's excuse gonna be?

Problem: 146 Ti holds back..!? Stephan Alfa Romeo 3 July 22nd 04 08:38 PM
alfa gt vs alfa 147 suspension Pete Alfa Romeo 1 July 17th 04 08:09 PM
back in the alfa family dog Alfa Romeo 1 June 20th 04 10:53 AM
Giulietta e Nuova 147 Plug-in Bourne Alfa Romeo 0 May 13th 04 01:16 PM
Got my 75 back :-) SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 April 28th 04 06:49 PM