Break Light Circuit message

Old November 28th 04, 07:41 AM
Dara

Default Break Light Circuit message

Hi,
I kept on getting "Break Light Circuit error message on my LCD, the
merchanic replaced all four rotors and peds plus break sensor. Those error
message still appear , please help. I have a 1996 328I, with no owner
manual so therefore I can't check the error message. Any advice is
appreciated...
Darrel

Old November 28th 04, 12:24 PM
Kyle and Lori Greene

"Dara" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I kept on getting "Break Light Circuit error message on my LCD, the
> merchanic replaced all four rotors and peds plus break sensor. Those
> error message still appear , please help. I have a 1996 328I, with no
> owner manual so therefore I can't check the error message. Any advice is
> appreciated...
> Darrel

Brake light circuit warning usually means the brake light switch is either
bad or stuck. I had that problem on my 97 M3. A spray of silicon on the
switch (located under the driver side lower dash panel above the brake
pedal) cleared the problem up. If the spray doesn't work, the switch will
probably need to be replaced.

Kyle.

Old November 28th 04, 01:29 PM
CFL News

The switch is very cheap, less than $10 and takes less than a half hour to
replace.

Old November 28th 04, 01:39 PM
Richard Sperry

And find another mechanic. This is a common problem, enough so that you
shouldn't have had to replace rotors and pads unless they really needed it.
You can buy owners manuals at the dealer. You should buy the "Bentley repair
manual" even if you don't work on your own car it provides very useful info.

Old November 28th 04, 01:43 PM
Richard Sperry

Find a new mechanic, the one you have now didn't even use lube when he bent
you over. This is a common E36 problem, and should have been recognized as
such. You should buy an Owners Manual from the dealer, and a "Bentley Repair
Manual" from Amazon.com. The Bentley will provide a lot of really useful
information even if you don't do any work on your car.

Old November 29th 04, 06:03 PM
Jeff Strickland

It's Brake Light Circuit Error. This error is caused by a faulty switch that
is mounted tothe brake pedal. This error is intermittant for most of us, but
when it comes on, the only way to clear it is to cycle the ignition off then
back on. Once it comes on after the car has been started, it will remain on.
The next time the car is started, the error may or may not return, depending
on the amount of dirt and crud that has accumulated on the switch contacts.

EM Warning Light A Lurker Audi 3 December 18th 04 11:16 PM
E39 535i V8 warning light. Brett Anderson BMW 0 November 15th 04 05:20 AM
E46 Intermittent Battery Light Ryan BMW 0 November 10th 04 09:52 PM
156 Rear Light Problem Admin Alfa Romeo 8 September 24th 04 03:44 PM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM