97 Dodge Caravan electric window problem

Old February 7th 05, 02:16 PM

Default 97 Dodge Caravan electric window problem

Hi -
The passenger side front window dropped into the door today when the
frost melted... The motor works, both the lift and the lower cables are in
place and hooked up at both ends, but I can't figure out how the lift cable
is supposed to be routed. I am assuming that the lift cable must go over a
pulley or something, but can't figure it out. Any suggestions as to where I
could find a picture of the cable routing on the web? I don't think I need
a cable, I think I need the pulley it rides on.
Thanks -
Brian

Old February 7th 05, 10:06 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

> Hi -
> The passenger side front window dropped into the door today when the
> frost melted... The motor works, both the lift and the lower cables are in
> place and hooked up at both ends, but I can't figure out how the lift cable
> is supposed to be routed. I am assuming that the lift cable must go over a
> pulley or something, but can't figure it out. Any suggestions as to where I
> could find a picture of the cable routing on the web? I don't think I need
> a cable, I think I need the pulley it rides on.

- Difficult -- do you have a photo of the issue?

BBA

Old February 8th 05, 02:42 AM
gobroncos

Old February 8th 05, 02:52 AM
gobroncos

If your window dropped inside of your door, chances are that there's
more to the problem than the pulley's and cables. Check for missing
pieces (cotter keys / snap rings) inside the bottom of the door. In my
99 Caravan, the window is held in place w/ two snap-rings on either
side of the window regulator. Found it easier to R & R the regulator
than to find parts to repair the assy.

Old February 8th 05, 02:58 AM
Bob M.

"B" > wrote in message
> Hi -
> The passenger side front window dropped into the door today when the
> frost melted... The motor works, both the lift and the lower cables are
> in
> place and hooked up at both ends, but I can't figure out how the lift
> cable
> is supposed to be routed. I am assuming that the lift cable must go over
> pulley or something, but can't figure it out. Any suggestions as to where
> could find a picture of the cable routing on the web? I don't think I
> need
> a cable, I think I need the pulley it rides on.
> Thanks -
> Brian

Take a look at the drivers' door window...

Help please, Brake Problem with 99 Dodge Caravan Swatmedic5 Chrysler 11 January 16th 05 01:00 AM
dodge caravan brakes Steve Technology 1 December 19th 04 05:45 PM
E60 window noise problem Oliver Hui BMW 4 November 8th 04 12:44 AM
Alfa 164 Electric Window problem Emjay Alfa Romeo 2 July 13th 04 12:42 AM