2006 Civic mileage too low?

Old November 1st 05, 01:16 PM
TeGGeR®

Default 2006 Civic mileage too low?

"chibitul" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Sorry TeGGer, but 9 km per liter is 34.06 km/gallon (notice km), and
> then you have to convert to miles: 34 km = 21.1 miles, and yes, it
> comes to 21.1 miles / gallon

Right you are. Correction posted last night.

But it rounds to 21.2, not 21.1.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 10th 05, 11:39 AM
Drew

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:09:19 GMT, Drew
> wrote:

>That's about what I was expecting, but my first 500km/300miles comes
>out to something like 21-22 MPG. :-(
>
>During this break-in period, I've tried to keep the RPMs under 3000
>whenever possible. Typicaly the max RPMs I'm putting on the car is
>about 4000 and that's only when I merge onto the highway.

Okay the second 500 kilometers is looking a lot better.
I managed 512 km on 41 liters...that comes out to 12.5km/l.
That's MUCH better, granted I used 89 octane for that tank.
Filled up on 87 and going on a road trip to Montreal today so should
have more info at the end of the weekend.

Also I'm thinking that the digital fuel gauge is a bit wacky. I see
that it's broken down into 20 boxes. I was down to the last box before
I filled up and the fillup came to 41 liters. With a 50
liter/13.3usgallon tank, that doesn't make sense. In that case I
should only have been down to 3 boxes, not 1.

-Drew

Old November 14th 05, 11:33 PM
Pars

512KM per 41 Litre ( 29.4 mpg for the Americans) is about the same mileage
as my 2000 Civic Sedan (which is equipped with an Automatic transmission).

Pars

news

Old November 15th 05, 12:58 AM

Pars > wrote:
> 512KM per 41 Litre ( 29.4 mpg for the Americans) is about the same mileage
> as my 2000 Civic Sedan (which is equipped with an Automatic transmission).

I thought that
29.4 mpg for the Americans would be expressed as
35.3 MPG for those in the UK and Canada, and
6.6 liters/100km for The European community.
12.5 kilometers/litre would seem like an irregular measurement.

How is fuel consumption measured in various parts of the world?

http://www.microsoft.com Microsoft Calculator Plus
has these conversions built in, but no clue which country uses which.

Using Honda Web Sites, it looks like USA=mpg(US), Canada=Liters/100km,
Germany=Liters/100=km, UK=Liters/100km and mpg(Imp), Australia=liters/100km

---

Old November 15th 05, 01:26 AM
High Tech Misfit

dold wrote:

> I thought that
> 29.4 mpg for the Americans would be expressed as 35.3 MPG for those in
> the UK and Canada, and 6.6 liters/100km for The European community.
> 12.5 kilometers/litre would seem like an irregular measurement.
>
> How is fuel consumption measured in various parts of the world?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com Microsoft Calculator Plus has these conversions
> built in, but no clue which country uses which.
>
> Using Honda Web Sites, it looks like USA=mpg(US), Canada=Liters/100km,
> Germany=Liters/100=km, UK=Liters/100km and mpg(Imp),
> Australia=liters/100km

Here in Canada, they use litres/100 km first, and sometimes mpg(Imp).

I always use mpg(US) since I am usually comparing my mileage to American
figures anyway. :-)
Old November 15th 05, 02:11 AM
Pars

> wrote in message
> Pars > wrote:
> > 512KM per 41 Litre ( 29.4 mpg for the Americans) is about the same

mileage
> > as my 2000 Civic Sedan (which is equipped with an Automatic

transmission).

> I thought that
> 29.4 mpg for the Americans would be expressed as
> 35.3 MPG for those in the UK and Canada, and
> 6.6 liters/100km for The European community.

I thought 29.4 US MPG would work out to 8.0 Litres/100KM instead 6.6 L/100km

The L/100KM is the standard method for measure here in Canada. It's
interesting that most of the Advertisement will parade the UK MPG
measurement instead of the US MPG. This can be misleading since most of the
research/comparisons sites are in the US (which can get confused since
Canadian and US basically share the same makes & models)

Old November 15th 05, 02:31 AM

Pars > wrote:
>> 6.6 liters/100km for The European community.

> I thought 29.4 US MPG would work out to 8.0 Litres/100KM instead 6.6 L/100km

So do I ;-)
I got crossed up in my cutting and pasting and conversion factors.
235 / USmpg = L/100km.
235 / L/100km = USmpg.

--
---

Old November 18th 05, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

PaulAlex7000 wrote:
> I took a 5-hour drive on the freeway to somwhere. According to the
> odometer and visual readout of the fuel gauge,

which mean absolutely nothing.

you DO know the only accurate way to measure MPG, dont you? sure hope ya
arent telling everyone youre getting 60mpg.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid MikeGR Honda 0 September 10th 05 04:55 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Civic Hybrid [email protected] Honda 8 December 12th 04 04:38 PM
Mileage issues on 98 Civic disallow Honda 4 October 30th 04 05:18 PM
Does anyone have any info on the 2006 Civic? Thomas Frank Honda 9 October 13th 04 04:20 AM