IN senate backs bill to raise speed limit to 70 mph

Old February 14th 05, 05:32 PM
Garth Almgren

On 2/13/2005 9:58 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/2s2nz> wrote:

> OG Loc wrote:
>
>>TV's Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea) <http://tinyurl.com/2s2nz> wrote:
>>
>>>Yup - another 50 deaths each year in indiana and maybe 10,000 more
>>>injuries and millions of dollars in property damage and medical bills.
>>>And for what? So needledick faggots like you can feel like big men.

>>Studies have shown that when speed limits on rural Interstates were raised,
>>the death count actually decreased. So you're wrong.

> No they haven't, you lying whore. This whole question was settled back

.... When you were unequivocally proved wrong. Repeatedly.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old February 14th 05, 06:20 PM

Gary V wrote:
> Could you convince OH and KY to at least go to 70 mph?

No. That's up to Ohio and Kentucky residents to do that (come on
Sherman, what are you waiting for )

Seriously, residents of states that have "speed limit cap" laws should
talk with their representatives in state government to get those laws
repealed. There's no point in saying that interstates cannot have
higher limits than 55, 65, or 70 mph regardless of what the engineering
study concluded. In West Virginia, there are no laws that set a
maximum speed limit for a given road class. All interstate speed
limits are determined by the "commissioner of highways" (state
secretary of transportation) on the basis of a "traffic and engineering
study."

Of course, WV has a "speed limit floor" law for it's interstates which
states that the speed limit cannot be posted any lower than 55 mph
(though I'm not sure how those interstates going through Charleston
managed to have 50 mph limits for so long with that law in effect).

> MI should go with 75 mph on anything north of M-46, and in several
> areas south of that as well.

Many roads could easily be posted at 75 mph if not higher. I mean, if
85th percentile speeds in WV, of all places, are between 70 and 75 mph,
there's no reason why rural interstates in other areas that don't have
so many curves and grades cannot be posted higher.

Old February 14th 05, 07:01 PM
John F. Carr

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>Seriously, residents of states that have "speed limit cap" laws should
>talk with their representatives in state government to get those laws
>repealed.

Indiana is one of the states where the DOT is allowed to raise speed
limits but the executive does not have the political will to do so.
Other states with a statutory Interstate speed limit that may be raised
without bounds but has not been raised are Alabama, North Dakota,
Oklahoma, and South Carolina. (And arguably New Jersey.)

--
John Carr )
Old February 14th 05, 08:24 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Nate Nagel wrote:

> I am disappointed in the quote from a representative of my own

insurance
> company. I expect that **** from GEICO but I thought State Farm was

> little more reasonable.

No; they're not.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; sued them)

Old February 14th 05, 08:33 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Chris Bessert wrote:
> Judy wrote:
> > Nate Nagel wrote:

> Chicken?
>
> Later,
> Chris

OK, Chris. Nate is a person we can identify. You are a person we can
identify. I am a person we can identify. 'Judy' has existed in about
a dozen distinct and universally fictitious guises over the past few
years but *never* as a person we could identify. So whaddya you think?
Is that the act of a person with any integrity (let alone any
courage)? You're trying to challenge a demented, ostracized bitter
little being cowering over a keyboard throughout most of its spare time
in a darkened room. You might as well be talking to a wall.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)

Old February 14th 05, 08:40 PM
Eric & Kathy Vander Yacht

Actually, evidence does not support speed being a direct factor in
highway deaths. Belgium (which has the lowest speed limit in west
Europe) has the highest death rate on their freeways. On the other
hand, Germany (which has the highest speed limit - often no speed limit)
has the lowest [1].

One might conclude that roads become safer with a higher speed limit,
but I suspect Germany's strict enforcement of effective safety laws is
the primary reason.

Be well,

Eric

Ref: [1] Economist circa 1981

Old February 14th 05, 09:03 PM
Arif Khokar

Eric & Kathy Vander Yacht wrote:

> Actually, evidence does not support speed being a direct factor in
> highway deaths. Belgium (which has the lowest speed limit in west
> Europe) has the highest death rate on their freeways. On the other
> hand, Germany (which has the highest speed limit - often no speed limit)
> has the lowest [1].

Actually, the fatality rate on motorways in the UK was about half that
of the autobahnen fatality rate. Of course, I haven't seen any data
from the UK more recent than 1998, so I don't know if that's still the case.
Old February 14th 05, 11:47 PM

Was this between the blowjobs you were giving him?

--

Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend )'s words of
wisdom, love, and respect (spelling and grammatical errors left intact)

I never voted in my life, you lying whore. All elections are rigged.
The globalists rigged this one by paying kerry not to attack bush.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a31e73cec1db38

GODDAMMIT - STOP SENDING MESSAGES TO MORE THAN FIVE GROUPS
Google won't allow more than five. It's not my job to delete excessive
group listings but i seem to spend half my life doing that. OBEY THE
RULES, YOU BUTTHOLES!!!!
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d2661d3c6734ed

Tires don't blow out anymore.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...619fee7f463fc2

LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...727d351b4be64a

There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...50866dc7ecbadc

Bush is dictator and that means he has to take the blame for
everything.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d35f67fd7b6003

Has he killed as many people as Laura Bush?
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ff1fca08982a38

You don't know what you're talking about, dood. AIDS is an american
bioweapon developed by americans so that blacks would be esp
susceptible to it.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9d112311697712

She knows it won't matter. Blake is white so the media will insist on a
not guilty verdict.
:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c74805c56a5747

YOu stupid lying ****head. All bush has accomplished in AFG is to make
it the world's leading heroin supplier.
And BTW it wasn't a war. It was a massacre against a defenseless nation
that never did anything to us.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a86842abe0d9d6

She's just damn lucky the press is owned by the GOP and doesn't crucify
her for vehicular manslaughter like they've done to ted kennedy for 35
years.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c630fd8aec9a63

You're crazy. There will be a draft. Bush is gonna stage another 9-11
type event and then say we have no choice but to go to war against
every muslim nation. And democrats will say nothing.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a8ea8427fdf968

I'm saying that bush obviously doesn't want to catch OBL. Not now that
the election is over, anyway.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a00a246987524f

You're crazy, dood. Google is a super rw org and they censor liberals.
RW posters here get away with everything while libs have to be choir
boys.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...35950242741f13

That's why so many legal scholars think republicans should be banned
from juries. Anyone who'd vote for a man who lied us into war is too
dumb to sit on a jury.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c8560247663014

Wouldn't have mattered if hitty had one. He took his orders from the
same organization that roosevelt did and bush does today.

:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...58ee450b438b19

You can't even lie any good. No where in the country are cops issued
crown victorias.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

i'm sure jeffrey dahmer also objects to big daddy govt telling him he
can't kill people anymore.

:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...ing.google.com

At first i thought the tars had been slashed but no, the tars were fine
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

I hate cell phone drivers but at least this gal had the sense to drive
slowly while yakking.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

I know what you mean, dood. I did 5 years in the can myself for beating
the crap out of a half-dozen faggot gun loonies i caught raping a
collie and I couldn't handle the food either. Goddam beets with every
meal. Ended up eating nothing but cans of tuna i bought at the commy.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

The issue is the psychopath doing 60 mph OVER THE LIMIT!!!!!!!!. This
guy is a murderer and i want him locked up anyway they can do it. Three
cheers for the cops.

:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open stretch
could be 25, i thought. Turns out the cop was right. No complaints from
me then. I should have known the law.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...40009050c624a9

And let's see if the SPAMbots take the bait:

-> <-