Changing battery advice 146

Old August 17th 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John Chapman

Default Changing battery advice 146

My 146 1.6 Junior is over 7 years old and the battery now needs to be
changed.
Is there anything that I need to know in doing this job so that
everything continues to work after the battery change ?
In particular how can I be sure the alarm and the remote locking will
continue to work if the electrical supply is interrupted ?
The radio has a reset button which needs to be used once the new battery
is installed and I have instructions for this.

Any helpful advice gratefully received with thanks in advance.

John Chapman
Old August 18th 06, 11:56 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

John Chapman wrote:
> My 146 1.6 Junior is over 7 years old and the battery now needs to be
> changed.
> Is there anything that I need to know in doing this job so that
> everything continues to work after the battery change ?
> In particular how can I be sure the alarm and the remote locking will
> continue to work if the electrical supply is interrupted ?

You can't, but given the age of the vehicle, it seems unlikely to be an
issue. If you're really worried, get one of those little jumper packs
with a cigar lighter connector which will keep things running while the
battery is changed.

One good tip (though slightly counter intuitive) is that when messing
with negative earth vehicles, disconnect the negative first and
reconnect it last.

Best of luck

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 27th 06, 10:03 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John Chapman

> One good tip (though slightly counter intuitive) is that when messing
> with negative earth vehicles, disconnect the negative first and
> reconnect it last.
>
> Best of luck

Found a good deal at National Tyres where they offered to fit the
battery free of charge.
No temporary supply was available but as soon as the new battery had
been connected
I found that the radio, alarm and remote locking all worked perfectly
although the electrical
supply had been interrupted for a short period.

Many thanks for advice.

John Chapman

dual battery ihcnut via CarKB.com 4x4 19 July 31st 06 01:23 PM
Recharging Battery? Nino NoSpam Honda 12 July 10th 06 04:50 PM
2000 Honda Accord EX - Cold start problems (parasitic battery draw) [email protected] Honda 3 December 11th 05 03:33 AM
Alfa Romeo 156 alarm won't turn off problem Alfie Norks Alfa Romeo 14 October 23rd 04 04:33 AM