A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » rec.aquaria.freshwater » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

fish



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old January 12th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Reel McKoi[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 352
Default fish


"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:23:56 -0600, Reel McKoi wrote:

I'm waiting for the brand new ultra modern PetsMart to open in my nearest
town. I bet they'll have a large selection of feeds and carry Hikari
products.


I'll second the approval of Hikari foods. The micro wafers are great and
they also have micro pellets for smaller fish or fish with small mouths.

=============================
I've always liked Hikari brand and would buy it when I saw it somewhere in
my travels. Another I like is the HBH soft pellets. The fish love them but I
can't find the real small size suitable for my bettas and smaller tetras.
All I found was a size suitable for small goldfish or cichlids. I'm eager to
see what this new store has and it's only 15 minutes from my house.
--

RM....
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

  #22  
Old January 12th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Reel McKoi[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 352
Default fish


"Randy Webb" wrote in message
...
After reading this thread, I was in Walmart here last night and looked to
see what they had as far as wafers. They had Wardley brand and Hikari
brand algea wafers. Doesn't mean they carry them in TN stores but they
typically carry the same things nation wide.

It was the only Hikari product I saw though.

===============================
I've yet to see Hikari in Wal*Mart but I'll check next week when I'm food
shopping there. I buy the Shrimp pellets and Tubifex worms there since they
have the lowest prices - that's about it.
--

RM....
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(

  #23  
Old January 12th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Randy Webb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default fish

Reel McKoi said the following on 1/11/2008 11:34 PM:

"Randy Webb" wrote in message
...
After reading this thread, I was in Walmart here last night and looked
to see what they had as far as wafers. They had Wardley brand and
Hikari brand algea wafers. Doesn't mean they carry them in TN stores
but they typically carry the same things nation wide.

It was the only Hikari product I saw though.

===============================
I've yet to see Hikari in Wal*Mart but I'll check next week when I'm
food shopping there. I buy the Shrimp pellets and Tubifex worms there
since they have the lowest prices - that's about it.


The only reason I paid attention to it is because of this thread. I went
to the pet section just to see if I could find Hikari products. I have a
bag of the Hikari Algae Wafers but it is because someone gave them to me
when I took her plecostamus off her hands. As for eating it, I don't see
a lot of difference in the way my algae eaters eat the Hikari's versus
the Wardley's brand.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
  #24  
Old January 12th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
TSJ
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default fish

On Jan 12, 12:56*am, Randy Webb wrote:
Reel McKoi said the following on 1/11/2008 11:34 PM:



"Randy Webb" wrote in message
...
After reading this thread, I was in Walmart here last night and looked
to see what they had as far as wafers. They had Wardley brand and
Hikari brand algea wafers. Doesn't mean they carry them in TN stores
but they typically carry the same things nation wide.


It was the only Hikari product I saw though.

===============================
I've yet to see Hikari in Wal*Mart but I'll check next week when I'm
food shopping there. I buy the Shrimp pellets and Tubifex worms there
since they have the lowest prices - that's about it.


The only reason I paid attention to it is because of this thread. I went
to the pet section just to see if I could find Hikari products. I have a
bag of the Hikari Algae Wafers but it is because someone gave them to me
when I took her plecostamus off her hands. As for eating it, I don't see
a lot of difference in the way my algae eaters eat the Hikari's versus
the Wardley's brand.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind


http://www.hikari.info/tropical/t_25.html
But that crappy Wardley brand will foul your water and not give proper
nutrition..........as every dumbass knows.............TYNK said
so......and she knows everything.

If you have a "very" knowledgeable LFS that your in tight with, you
might be able to get them to order yu the large "Store" package that
is not marketed for retail trade. Its a large container with a shaker
spout which makes feeding an act like shaking out some salt or pepper
on food...............and its pretty hard to shake too much out with
the container.................plus it costs a great deal less to buy
than the retail containers. So if you drop a lot of $$$$$ at the LFS
see if they will cut you some slack on that item and order it for you.
  #25  
Old January 12th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Reel McKoi[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 352
Default fish


"Randy Webb" wrote in message
...
Reel McKoi said the following on 1/11/2008 11:34 PM:
I've yet to see Hikari in Wal*Mart but I'll check next week when I'm food
shopping there. I buy the Shrimp pellets and Tubifex worms there since
they have the lowest prices - that's about it.


The only reason I paid attention to it is because of this thread. I went
to the pet section just to see if I could find Hikari products. I have a
bag of the Hikari Algae Wafers but it is because someone gave them to me
when I took her plecostamus off her hands. As for eating it, I don't see a
lot of difference in the way my algae eaters eat the Hikari's versus the
Wardley's brand.

===============================
I think the most important thing is variety. If they're fed a variety and
not underfed, they'll thrive. I must have 10 different types of flakes and
pellets I feed them. I also buy the frozen foods. They go wild over that
but it sure is expensive.
--

RM.... .
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(

  #26  
Old January 12th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
TSJ
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default fish

On Jan 12, 9:30*am, "Reel McKoi" wrote:
"Randy Webb" wrote in message

... Reel McKoi said the following on 1/11/2008 11:34 PM:
I've yet to see Hikari in Wal*Mart but I'll check next week when I'm food
shopping there. I buy the Shrimp pellets and Tubifex worms there since
they have the lowest prices - that's about it.


The only reason I paid attention to it is because of this thread. I went
to the pet section just to see if I could find Hikari products. I have a
bag of the Hikari Algae Wafers but it is because someone gave them to me
when I took her plecostamus off her hands. As for eating it, I don't see a
lot of difference in the way my algae eaters eat the Hikari's versus the
Wardley's brand.


===============================
I think the most important thing is variety. If they're fed a variety and
not underfed, they'll thrive. I must have 10 different types of flakes and
pellets I feed them. *I also buy the frozen foods. They go wild over that
but it sure is expensive.
--

RM.... .
Zone 6. *Middle TN USA
~~~~ *}((((* *~~~ * }{{{{(


Frozen is closer to what they would normally eat in the wilds. I play
with a lot of sal****er fish and if it was not for my making my own
food for them I would probabnly have a heap less fish and tanks to
deal with, but fortunately making sal****er fish food is pretty darn
cheap, andm uch easier to do than making FW fish food......

For example I use fresh shrimp, fresh fish (cheapest I can find
mackeral, sea bass, porgies, etc etc) clams, scallops, mussles, squid,
rotifiers and a pack or two of NORI sheet algae, a bit of garlic
extract or even fresh ground up garlic, and Selcon......run it all
through a blender/ food processer, and then spoon it out into 6 x 6
plastic baggies and place on cookie tray and freeze into packets.
Pull a baggie of it out and break off pieces to swish around inside
the tank and as it melts particles of it float free inthe
water.....Easy to make.however the Freshwater deal is much harder, to
acquire the needed ingredieints, that are beneficial...........

Try attaching a piece of NORI (sheet Algae) to a piece of rock or
water logged drift wood for the algae eating fish to eaty in a FW
setup............mine all love Nori Sheet algae and its much cheaper
to buy than the wafers.......
  #27  
Old January 15th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Reel McKoi[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 352
Default fish


"TSJ" wrote in message
...
Try attaching a piece of NORI (sheet Algae) to a piece of rock or
water logged drift wood for the algae eating fish to eaty in a FW
setup............mine all love Nori Sheet algae and its much cheaper
to buy than the wafers.......
============================
I still haven't seen these sheets in any of our local stores. We don't have
stores that cater to Asians. Have you seen this algae anywhere else?

I hope the prices are a little lower in the new PetsMart that's about to
open soon.
--

RM....
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(

  #28  
Old January 15th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 83
Default fish

On Jan 14, 6:23*pm, "Reel McKoi" wrote:
"TSJ" wrote in message

...
Try attaching a piece of NORI (sheet Algae) to a piece of rock or
water logged drift wood for the algae eating fish to eaty in a FW
setup............mine all love Nori Sheet algae and its much cheaper
to buy than the wafers.......
============================
I still haven't seen these sheets in any of our local stores. We don't have
stores that cater to Asians. Have you seen this algae anywhere else?

I hope the prices are a little lower in the new PetsMart that's about to
open soon.
--

RM....
Zone 6. *Middle TN USA
~~~~ *}((((* *~~~ * }{{{{(


It is also available in a lot of health food stores. They sell it in
World Imports Store also...and IIRC I have seen it in Wally World in
the section that has asian foods etc noodles, sauces and such......
(just a small area but I distinctly seen it was listed as Asian foods
section)........The same exact algae sheets will set you back $9 or 10
bucks for a package of lesser quantity in the big box pet stores.
  #29  
Old January 15th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
atomweaver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 108
Default fish

"Reel McKoi" wrote in
:


"TSJ" wrote in message
..
. Try attaching a piece of NORI (sheet Algae) to a piece of rock or
water logged drift wood for the algae eating fish to eaty in a FW
setup............mine all love Nori Sheet algae and its much cheaper
to buy than the wafers.......
============================
I still haven't seen these sheets in any of our local stores. We don't
have stores that cater to Asians. Have you seen this algae anywhere
else?

I hope the prices are a little lower in the new PetsMart that's about
to open soon.


Do you have a Japanese resaurant near you? Anyplace with a sushi bar is
bound to have nori by the ream... Have a meal, tell them about your
dilemma. Most are happy to sell you some.

Or, you can order online (I don't think your live plant experience will
carry over to a dried good like nori)

http://www.sushilinks.com/

DaveZ

  #30  
Old January 16th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 83
Default fish.Ohhhhhhhhhhh [email protected] has a burr in her asshole causethere is an imposter Tynk out there...........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhdumbass chick with a dick that she is!

On Jan 15, 11:15*am, Tynk wrote:
On Jan 14, 7:57�pm, Tynk * *Ah, back to posing as
the Imposter Tynk I see.

At least this time you left actual information.


Take a ****ing hike you dick toting bitch!........no one gives a
flying **** what the hell you say anymore..............and until you
can show me you have sole legal rights to the nym you can shove that
up your ass too you moron...............
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.