Where to find my remote starter "box"

Old August 1st 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
thomas

Default Where to find my remote starter "box"

Hi,

My starter remote control is no longer working. I need to find the
brand of my remote starter system so I can have the remote control
replaced. It's not written on my remote control. I need to find the
"box" (I don't know the exact term used), maybe I can find the brand
name there. I own a Toyota Corolla 2000 (American/Canadian version). I
looked inside the hood, did seem to find it there. Can it be under the
dash (near the fuse box inside the car cabin)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

Old August 1st 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
MasterBlaster

"thomas" wrote

> My starter remote control is no longer working.

Have you tried changing the little battery inside it?

> I need to find the brand of my remote starter system so I can have
> the remote control replaced.

Did it slowly get worse and worse over time, or did it suddenly stop
working just after you dropped it in the toilet?

> Can it be under the dash (near the fuse box inside the car cabin)?

Yes. It also "can" be anywhere else between the front and back bumpers.

Old August 1st 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
thomas

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

One of the buttons of the remote is jammed; it's stuck as "pressed" (I
couldn't fix it even if I opened by remote casing). So I removed the
battery instead so it won't start my engine everytime I come near my
car.

I'll take a look under the panel/dash and try to find the receiver
there.

Thanks,
Thomas

Old August 10th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kenneth P. Stox

There should be an FCC ID on the remote. You can cross reference it from
the fcc.gov website to find out who the manufacturer is.

Remote starter advice strict9 Technology 0 August 15th 05 08:53 PM
Jeep Starter Problem - 93 YJ Lawson[rem0ve]news Jeep 9 August 8th 05 01:53 PM
Remote starter causes accident Cartlon Shew Driving 23 March 22nd 05 08:49 PM
Remote starter X5 3.0i ? RideRT BMW 10 December 15th 04 04:26 PM
Programmaing Key Fob For Autostart AS-1200 Remote Starter Wayne Dodge 2 December 12th 04 02:57 AM