Euro E34 524td in US?

Old March 6th 05, 07:42 AM
Matt O'Toole

Default Euro E34 524td in US?

I'm interested in bringing a Euro E34 524td into the US. The car is in Canada,
where it has been legally imported and registered. However, I don't know what's
involved in bringing it into the US from there. I assume the engine would be
fine, because it's the same one sold the previous year in the US model E28
524td. But what about the rest of the car? I don't mind changing speedometer
faces and ights, but what else might be required? AFAIK it's pre-airbag, which
eliminates one hassle.

FWIW, I've seen at least a couple of these cars registered in the US -- one the
same vintage, and another an early 90s wagon.

Anyone know for sure?

Matt O.