North Alabama Bug Show

Old July 14th 05, 03:50 PM
TerryB

Default North Alabama Bug Show

http://www.navwc.org/home.html

Click the "The North Alabama VW Club's 2005 Bug'n In July Show"
Link

I am going to try to make it, should be fun. I will not have my VW
there though, still working on it, but hope to get some more motovation
from the show to channel some more energy to my engine building. Keep
getting side tracked with other things that life throws my way. My "To
Do List" is growing no matter how many things I scratch off. LOL

Old July 18th 05, 05:43 PM
TerryB

TerryB wrote:
> http://www.navwc.org/home.html
>
> Click the "The North Alabama VW Club's 2005 Bug'n In July Show"
> Link
>
> I am going to try to make it, should be fun. I will not have my VW
> there though, still working on it, but hope to get some more motovation
> from the show to channel some more energy to my engine building. Keep
> getting side tracked with other things that life throws my way. My "To
> Do List" is growing no matter how many things I scratch off. LOL

Went to the show, it was looking like rain most of the morning and I
started not to go, figuring that most of the really nice VW's would not
venture out for fear of getting wet. But there were several very nice
VW's there and a couple that really drew crowds. A Copper colored one
came in shortly before I left and it was very sharp and had folks
walking around it as it rolled in. (Could of had something to do with
the blonde teen bomb shell that was driving it.) 8~)

The show was held under a pavillion that is fairly large and there were
about 30 cars there under the shelter and was room for several more.
Even had some parts vendors there with new and old stuff. One toy
vendor was there that had a very good selection of toys.

Got a free edition of "German Addiction" magazine, not a bad mag.
Even had an article by Jake Raby in it that was real good. Could use
more pictures for the car articles, but it is still decent.

I have some pics I will get together and put up on my web page soon.

Old July 19th 05, 06:52 AM
Wild Bill

Hey Terry,
Sorry I had to miss the Show due to Hurricane Dennis cleanup. Not as
bad as Ivan but still a pretty good blow! Are you going to the
Montgomery Meltdown on July 30th? Rare Air will have a few VWs making
the 3 hour trip from Pensacola. Look me up if you make it down. Just
ask for Wild Bill and some one will point me out. There is also a VW
Show in Birmingham next month that we will be attending. Should be a
good one,too.

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President
Rare Air VW Club
Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

http://www.devoted.to/RareAir

or

http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

Old July 19th 05, 12:42 PM

Wild Bill wrote:
> Hey Terry,
> Sorry I had to miss the Show due to Hurricane Dennis cleanup. Not as
> bad as Ivan but still a pretty good blow! Are you going to the
> Montgomery Meltdown on July 30th? Rare Air will have a few VWs making
> the 3 hour trip from Pensacola. Look me up if you make it down. Just
> ask for Wild Bill and some one will point me out. There is also a VW
> Show in Birmingham next month that we will be attending. Should be a
> good one,too.
>

> Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!
>
> "Wild" Bill Tucker
>
> President
> Rare Air VW Club
> Pensacola, Florida
>

> '78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )
>
> '76 Bug "The Grape"
>
> '69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic
>

> Rare Air VW Club Website:
>
> http://www.devoted.to/RareAir
>
> or
>
> http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

When and where is the Birminham show? Is there some way to keep up with
all these things?

<><
TC

Old July 19th 05, 02:02 PM
Wild Bill

TC,
Info about the Birmingham Show :
http://www.centralalvwclub.com/bugblast2005.html

Info about other upcoming shows:

http://sevwc.com/planner99.htm

Kathy Jacobs does an outstanding job listing all the VW shows in the
South Eastern Area.

Hope this helps.

Old July 19th 05, 04:59 PM
TerryB

Wild Bill wrote:
> Hey Terry,
> Sorry I had to miss the Show due to Hurricane Dennis cleanup. Not as
> bad as Ivan but still a pretty good blow! Are you going to the
> Montgomery Meltdown on July 30th? Rare Air will have a few VWs making
> the 3 hour trip from Pensacola. Look me up if you make it down. Just
> ask for Wild Bill and some one will point me out. There is also a VW
> Show in Birmingham next month that we will be attending. Should be a
> good one,too.
>

> Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!
>
> "Wild" Bill Tucker
>
> President
> Rare Air VW Club
> Pensacola, Florida
>

> '78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )
>
> '76 Bug "The Grape"
>
> '69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic
>

> Rare Air VW Club Website:
>
> http://www.devoted.to/RareAir
>
> or
>
> http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

I hope we have had our alotment of Tropical systems for a while, they
are getting to be real pesky!!

I won't be able to make the Montgomery show, I will be on call for my
job that weekend. But the Bham show at Tannehill I should be able to
make.

It is good to be having some shows close to home for me as most are at
least 3 to 4 hours away most of the time.

Hope to catch you at one of the shows Bill!!

Old July 19th 05, 05:00 PM
TerryB