FROG KILLS KOI IN UK POND

Old May 7th 18, 04:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected]

Default FROG KILLS KOI IN UK POND

Yes this has happened in my pond last winter noticed a fish at the bottom I thought was dead when I put it in the net and brought it to the surface notice a frog wrapped tightly around it I removed the frog and threw it over the garden fence the fish swam off but within 2 days it died.😬
Old March 21st 19, 09:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected]

I’ve just had this happen too! But the frog wasn’t gripping the gills it had actually lodged its legs into the koi’s eyes!! Yes it’s eye sockets! How in gods name it had done it I don’t know but I literally had to prise this frog off my koi and pull its front legs out of the koi’s eye sockets! It’s dark right now so I can’t check my fish over easily but fingers crossed it’s alright? It swam away but there must be damage? I fk hope it survives. I’ve never seen or heard of the before! I’m guessing the only reason the fish isn’t dead, it that the frog didn’t attach to the gills and suffocate the koi. Maybe that means she can survive albeit properly blinded