? regarding Ford ( and other) warrantys

Old July 8th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
RichG TX

Default ? regarding Ford ( and other) warrantys

I have a 2005 Expedition ( I know, its not an Explorer..but this group
has been helpful to me anyhow)..It has just over 34,000 miles on it.

So far a front end part had to be replaced, and then the entire gas
tank had to be replaced ( it wouldn't accept gas without kicking out
the gas pumps..any gas pump! ).

Since the factory warranty runs out soon, I've debated getting an
extended warranty ( for the first time in my life). Any help, comments
or suggestions? Any ideas as to prices, ? What about NAPA's extended
warranty that I have seen advertised? Should I stay with ONLY the
actual FORD company warranty? ...or maybe I should just chance it??.
I rarely have my oil changed at a dealership. I change oil, etc. at
4,000 miles typically, but I haven't kept any "proof sheets" as we
travel and the change might have been done in any of three different
states.

I normally drive about 30M per year and trade any vehicle in around
100m. Your help and advice is welcomed.. RichG TX/IL

Old July 8th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
fordtech via CarKB.com

Just so you know dealing with a non ford extended warrant is a real pain.
even if it reads that something is covered the service writer has to call it
in and then the haggling begins, usually over the labor charge they always
don't want to pay something and if it's enough the writer will just call you
and say, ok your warranty company will only pay this and we can't do it for
less than this because the technition actually has to diagnose the concern
and they only want to pay for the part replacement. so this just makes
everbody really bubbly and nice and sweaty. cover your ass and shop around
there's no set price to anything in the USA call around to get an idea so
they don't know your face and then go in and be ready to firm but relaxed
like hey I don't real need the extended warranty cause i'm rich but if I
don't have to get screwed into the ground I just might concider it and get up
like your leaving.

Old July 9th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
rich

Hmmmmm....no other comments about warrantees??? Strange...but... any help
appreciated... RG

ups.com...

Old July 10th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
stevie

when I purchased my 2000 Explorer, the dealer recommended a non Ford
warranty, which I purchased.

I have had only a couple of claims, but the company paid OK. But the dealer
who repaired my car (not the one I purchased from) was highly skeptical of
non-Ford extended warranties.

if I had to do it again, I would probably go with Ford, even at a higher
price. However, you can probably check with dealer about some of the
warranty companies. Or research on the net.

ups.com...

Old July 10th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Scott Van Nest

Do some internet searching for "Ford ESP". Quite a few ford dealerships
sell the warranties considerably cheaper than just walking in the
dealership. I had this info in hand when I purchased my truck from a local
stealership and they gave me my price no questions asked.

I have also sold back a portion of an unused Ford ESP at a dealership in ST.
Louis, can't think of the name now and I live in OKC, over the internet.

Scott
ups.com...