it's springtime and fancy turns to......

Old April 4th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default it's springtime and fancy turns to......

.....workin' on the car in the driveway (for those of us without garages) and
so this means it is the time for the annual Sneak's sermon. I have 2 words
for everyone:

JACK STANDS

Not blocks of wood. Not cinderblocks. Good, sturdy 4-point jack stands.
NEVER EVER just a jack. Please. To some this might be common sense or
standard practice, but just in case it isn't...yada yada yada.

Ok. With that out of the way, hi everyone, I'm back I think. I hope. Snow is
gone, work still taking all my time but hopefully the '68 will get some love
this spring. I actually got it on the road for 20 days in the fall, but
still have tons to do. Hope all is well with everyone....

Sneaks
'68 T1

Old April 4th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Anyone know where I can find metric jack stands for these furrin cars? Even the Chinese ones from
Horrible Freight is in inches......18 1/8" to 24".

Oh darn, it isn't April 1 anymore...... nevermind.

Old April 4th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Sneaks wrote:
> ....workin' on the car in the driveway (for those of us without garages) and
> so this means it is the time for the annual Sneak's sermon. I have 2 words
> for everyone:
>
> JACK STANDS
>
> Not blocks of wood. Not cinderblocks. Good, sturdy 4-point jack stands.
> NEVER EVER just a jack. Please. To some this might be common sense or
> standard practice, but just in case it isn't...yada yada yada.
>
> Ok. With that out of the way, hi everyone, I'm back I think. I hope. Snow is
> gone, work still taking all my time but hopefully the '68 will get some love
> this spring. I actually got it on the road for 20 days in the fall, but
> still have tons to do. Hope all is well with everyone....
>
> Sneaks
> '68 T1

Hi Sneaks, and welcome back

Things are rolling fast here for a change, busy at work, then come home,
change clothes and head to the garage, to return home around midnight...
then go to bed and wake up at 7, and repeat. Every day of the week.
Except weekends, they are 100% garage time.

Got my convertible "done" (if they ever are) and I'm now working on the
bus I sold about a year ago.

Got 16 work days left and about a month left of this crappy weather,
then I'm all done with it.

Jan

Old April 5th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Thanks for the reminder. I actually find myself going one further
lately. I leave the jack in place as well as the stands....just one
more safety. Everyone work safe. Be safe. I am on my way to NY this
week to bury my cousin who was in a boating accident this weekend in
New Orleans. Remember, its not just yourself...there are many others
that will be affected. It only takes one moment of inattention to take
from this world something irreplaceable...

Old April 5th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dennis

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=32090944&f="Den's
Dogs</a>

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old April 5th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Thank you Dennis. It all seems so damn pointless. .I'm sorry...I'm not
trying to take away from your sentiments..I appreciate them...but
damnit I think I may want to go to hell. I cannot fathom a god that is
righteous...that took my uncle half throught high school...that took my
father 6 months from graduation.that took my cousin's husband a few
short months after marriage and birth of their child. The same
passionate god allowed my best friend to screw me out of a couple
thousand dollars...and write off years of friendship for pennies. And
now this. My cousin decided, out of the blue, last month to visit for a
weekend. He came here on a moments notice. Said...he just needed a
break. We sat on the shore and played guitar. It was unexpected and
spontaneus. Alex never did anything like this before. We watched the
boats running put to the harbor. Alex pointed them out and remarked
about how good a job the concrete people had done on his backard boat
ramp. He was coming back from the sand knoll saturday evening. They
struck a submerged log on the river. The boat capsized. He was run over
by the baot following and found the next day. If it wasn't for alex I
would not have had the drive to be where I am both musically an
buisness wise in life. My Aunt has lost her two brothers.....her father
and mother...and now her nephew. We are running out of pallbearers....

Old April 5th 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Sneaks escreveu:
> ....workin' on the car in the driveway (for those of us without garages) and
> so this means it is the time for the annual Sneak's sermon. I have 2 words
> for everyone:
>
> JACK STANDS
>
> Not blocks of wood. Not cinderblocks. Good, sturdy 4-point jack stands.
> NEVER EVER just a jack. Please. To some this might be common sense or
> standard practice, but just in case it isn't...yada yada yada.
>
> Ok. With that out of the way, hi everyone, I'm back I think. I hope. Snowis
> gone, work still taking all my time but hopefully the '68 will get some love
> this spring. I actually got it on the road for 20 days in the fall, but
> still have tons to do. Hope all is well with everyone....
>
> Sneaks
> '68 T1

I always put the tires under the car when I remove them.

Joćo

Old April 5th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Jan

Good to know that you "done" your convertible. You have to show some
pictures.
It is a split bus? The other day my wife dreamed that we had a split
bus white and yellow :-)

Joćo

Old April 5th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
> Good to know that you "done" your convertible. You have to show some
> pictures.

Here ya go

http://www.kolumbus.fi/janandersson/VW/Goth/Goth001.jpg
http://www.kolumbus.fi/janandersson/VW/Goth/Goth002.jpg
http://www.kolumbus.fi/janandersson/VW/Goth/Goth003.jpg

> It is a split bus? The other day my wife dreamed that we had a split
> bus white and yellow :-)

Yep, a 66 splittie.

Jan
Old April 5th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Hi Jan,

It looks very good! Gothic-look? How many HP? Size and carbs?
You have all that snow right now?
How many windows on the bus?

Joćo