Opinions about the 97 Camry

Old December 27th 04, 01:44 AM
zhurst

Default Opinions about the 97 Camry

Charles Kerekes wrote:
> I am considering buying a '97 Camry and I have only heard positive

comments
> so far. Has anyone heard negative comments concerning the car's

quality or
> Toyota service? I just want both sides of the story before buying. As

you
> can see from my signature block, I have been bitten by a VW Passat

(mainly
> by how VW handled my problems).
>
> Your comments would be appreciated.
> --
> Charles Kerekes
> McKinney, TX

> DON'T BUY VOLKSWAGEN CARS!
> My VW Passat is a lemon and VW is not
> doing a thing about it. For more details
> go to http://www.intex.net/~ckerekes

The 97 camry is an excellent car. The 5sfe engine is a powerful 4
cylinder engine, and I love my car. It gets good gas mileage and has
lasted forever.

Old January 2nd 05, 06:27 PM

Since you had the VW Passat, no doubt you know all about ENGINE OIL
SLUDGE? If so, then expect the issue to arise with the 1997 Camry,
especially the engine which is no longer produced by Toyota!

Are you aware that at least 3.3 million Toyota vehicles are affected by
the engine oil sludge problem? The owners who have maintained their
vehicle properly still got sludge, so why is Toyota still saying that
this is an OWNER problem? Toyota knows differently but doesn't want to
take responsibility. That so-called generous program which replaces
engines is nothing more than PR mumbo-jumbo! Behind the scenes, Toyota
is disqualifying the otherwise QUALIFIED vehicles right and left and
then asking once again (Toyota did this for over three years in a
"hush-hush" way!) for thousands of dollars in repair costs!

You need to be educated fully about this vehicle before you purchase
used. The owners who purchased used have gotten a raw deal and Toyota
doesn't seem interested in the least in honoring that SLUDGE PROGRAM
for these owners!

Based on what I see happening to the used Toyota owners, I wouldn't
touch a used Toyota that is in the affected sludge group! The owners
feel fraud is what is happening to them. Unfortunately, some owners
have experienced bankruptcy or serious financial problems when burned
by the TOYOTA SLUDGE problem.

Proceed with caution and take nothing for granted! More importantly,
if someone says that Toyota will cover the problem with a smile, don't
believe it for a second! Toyota owners' firsthand experience says
otherwise.

Good luck!

Charlene Blake

Toyota Owners Unite for Resolution: Engine Oil Sludge

http://www.petitiononline.com/TMC2003/petition.html

Toyota Owners Unite for Resolution MSN Communities group

Opinions on the 2002 L100. Rob Saturn 2 December 27th 04 05:53 AM
Experience and opinions on '86 635I The Singers BMW 5 November 29th 04 12:20 PM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 09:47 PM
88 LeBaron vs 98 Camry Ken Chrysler 14 November 2nd 04 01:00 AM
I'd like some opinions on which 35+ years US stationcars are good cars, if any. Basil Antique cars 5 September 10th 03 10:35 PM