93 Fox overheating

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2nd 05, 11:50 PM
foxstreetblues

I pulled out the thermostat and left it out. Engine overheated but, the
fan didn't come on. I jumped the fan switch and it worked. Took off the
fan thermoswitch and tested it in boiling water. It (only a few months
old) failed continutiy test so I replaced it. Car still overheated but,
cooled down after I jumped the fan and let it run. Checked the new switch
in boiling water and it also failed to close. Will take it back tomorrow.
I didn't know how to test for head gasket leak but I'll try that pressure
test.