dissemble generator stand from oilbreather

Old February 24th 05, 07:50 PM
MIC

Default dissemble generator stand from oilbreather

Hello NG!
I have to remove the oil breather from the generator stand to tighen the
bolt/nut on the generatorclamp.
I remember that there is a original VW tool. Does anybody has a link to a
drawing or so?

PS: Progress on my project: http://medlem.jubii.dk/dergolf/1303feb2005.jpg
Bye from Denmark
Michael

Old February 24th 05, 08:11 PM
Speedy Jim

MIC wrote:
> Hello NG!
> I have to remove the oil breather from the generator stand to tighen the
> bolt/nut on the generatorclamp.
> I remember that there is a original VW tool. Does anybody has a link to a
> drawing or so?
>
> PS: Progress on my project: http://medlem.jubii.dk/dergolf/1303feb2005.jpg
> Bye from Denmark
> Michael

Look in the Mechanical section of my web site for some ideas on this.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old February 24th 05, 08:39 PM
Gary Tateosian

....I'd forget about the original tool. Get the "deluxe" tool listed at this
link...it is essential for this job and works very very well.

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/vie... 200592366463

,...Gareth

Old March 4th 05, 01:09 AM

MIC wrote:
> Hello NG!
> I have to remove the oil breather from the generator stand to tighen

the
> bolt/nut on the generatorclamp.
> I remember that there is a original VW tool. Does anybody has a link

to a
> drawing or so?
>
> PS: Progress on my project:

http://medlem.jubii.dk/dergolf/1303feb2005.jpg
> Bye from Denmark
> Michael

you can get one from:

aircooled.net/

cbperformance.com

geneberg.com

cip1.com

or from

Real Source

Old March 4th 05, 02:12 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

I use a large 4 corner EZ out. I never had much success with the "correct"
tool. lol
You tap it in with a hammer, and use a wrench to install or remove that nut.

BTW are you sure you need to remove oil breather to access gen clamp nut?

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)
USA

ups.com...

Old March 4th 05, 10:11 AM
Tim Klopfenstein

I have a carpenter's pry bar, the nail puller end is just the right
size to fit the slot in the nut. Not an expensive tool but it works
every time.
Tim Klopfenstein

Old March 5th 05, 04:30 AM
bill may

1" internal pipe wrench.

Old March 5th 05, 09:19 PM
P.J. Berg

bill may wrote:
> 1" internal pipe wrench.

Think I understand the concept, but what does it look like??

J.
Old March 6th 05, 01:56 PM
bill may

external splines with a 1" hex to put 1" wrench on that has a splined
offset "wheel" that engages hole when turned in either clockwise or non
clockwise direction. in other words it fits inside the hole in pipe/nut
and the offset pice grabs/expands to turn it out or in.

Old March 12th 05, 03:18 AM
P.J. Berg

bill may wrote:
> external splines with a 1" hex to put 1" wrench on that has a splined
> offset "wheel" that engages hole when turned in either clockwise or non
> clockwise direction. in other words it fits inside the hole in pipe/nut
> and the offset pice grabs/expands to turn it out or in.

Thank you!
Never seen one of those before, guess when I think of it, I might never
have needed one either.
Sounds like a nifty tool though..

Thanks.

Jørn.