Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

Old July 6th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Chris

Default Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

Would there be any problems encountered as a result of
swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of
quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize
performance and MPG's
Thanks
~Chris~

Old July 6th 06, 11:11 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

If you think it would maximize performance dont you think the manufactures
would be putting them on cars now???

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 6th 06, 01:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C[_1_]

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:11:50 -0400, damnnickname wrote:

> If you think it would maximize performance dont you think the manufactures
> would be putting them on cars now???

LOL!!! Good one!

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 9th 06, 12:37 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Chris" > wrote in message
> Would there be any problems encountered as a result of
> swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of
> quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize
> performance and MPG's
> Thanks
> ~Chris~

Chris, You posted a question in here and I replied. Why not finish up with
your post in here instead of sending me an e mail. Im sorry to have hurt
your feelings in anyway but that recent reply that i posted was my answer
and not intended to degrade or hurt you in any way.
I do not work for the corporate. I work for a dealership

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech (dealer not corporate)

Your reply

I have read so many intelligent and helpful responses written by
"maxower"
that I'm stunned by the recent reply posted to my question. I wouldn't
have
expected a "corporate bla-bla" answer from a newsgroup participant who
has demonstrated himself to be knowledgeable. Of course Chrysler or any
other auto manufacturer might choose not to employ a particular
component
or technology for a variety of reasons, even if there are potential
benefits. I
am educated and experienced as both an industrial electrician and
electronics
technician. Physics proves that there would be an electrical advantage
spiral core wire simply due to the superior conductivity of the
metallic
core
of the spiral type wire. Can you provide an answer based on scientific
facts
as to the difference in spark quality and combustion efficiency between
spiral core and carbon-impregnated core ignition wire? I'd be grateful
you if you would explain to myself and to the group if there are
advantages
to installing spiral wires to replace suppression wires that have been
in
service
for five years.
Old July 9th 06, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 07:37:01 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>"Chris" > wrote in message
>> Would there be any problems encountered as a result of
>> swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of
>> quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize
>> performance and MPG's
>> Thanks
>> ~Chris~
>>

>Chris, You posted a question in here and I replied. Why not finish up with
>your post in here instead of sending me an e mail. Im sorry to have hurt
>your feelings in anyway but that recent reply that i posted was my answer
>and not intended to degrade or hurt you in any way.
>I do not work for the corporate. I work for a dealership
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech (dealer not corporate)
>
>Your reply
>
>I have read so many intelligent and helpful responses written by
>"maxower"
>that I'm stunned by the recent reply posted to my question. I wouldn't
>have
>expected a "corporate bla-bla" answer from a newsgroup participant who
>has demonstrated himself to be knowledgeable. Of course Chrysler or any
>other auto manufacturer might choose not to employ a particular
>component
>or technology for a variety of reasons, even if there are potential
>benefits. I
>am educated and experienced as both an industrial electrician and
>electronics
>technician. Physics proves that there would be an electrical advantage
>spiral core wire simply due to the superior conductivity of the
>metallic
>core
>of the spiral type wire. Can you provide an answer based on scientific
>facts
>as to the difference in spark quality and combustion efficiency between
>spiral core and carbon-impregnated core ignition wire? I'd be grateful
>you if you would explain to myself and to the group if there are
>advantages
>to installing spiral wires to replace suppression wires that have been
>in
>service
>for five years.

Max, check your facts. The VAST MAJORITY of original equipment wires
today, world wide, are spiral core, or magnetic suppression wire.
They do NOT make much difference in performance or economy over carbon
wire in good shape, but they DO last much longer.

I, as a licenced mechanic, have been installing these wires regualrly
since the early seventies when the "silver beauty MSW" wire first came
available. It is fantastic stuff, about the same price or less than
most OEM sets these days. OEM on my 94 Pontiac was spiral core.

Old July 9th 06, 03:15 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 07:37:01 -0400, "maxpower" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Chris" > wrote in message
> >> Would there be any problems encountered as a result of
> >> swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of
> >> quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize
> >> performance and MPG's
> >> Thanks
> >> ~Chris~
> >>

> >Chris, You posted a question in here and I replied. Why not finish up

with
> >your post in here instead of sending me an e mail. Im sorry to have hurt
> >your feelings in anyway but that recent reply that i posted was my answer
> >and not intended to degrade or hurt you in any way.
> >I do not work for the corporate. I work for a dealership
> >
> >Glenn Beasley
> >Chrysler Tech (dealer not corporate)
> >
> >Your reply
> >
> >I have read so many intelligent and helpful responses written by
> >"maxower"
> >that I'm stunned by the recent reply posted to my question. I wouldn't
> >have
> >expected a "corporate bla-bla" answer from a newsgroup participant who
> >has demonstrated himself to be knowledgeable. Of course Chrysler or any
> >other auto manufacturer might choose not to employ a particular
> >component
> >or technology for a variety of reasons, even if there are potential
> >benefits. I
> >am educated and experienced as both an industrial electrician and
> >electronics
> >technician. Physics proves that there would be an electrical advantage
> >spiral core wire simply due to the superior conductivity of the
> >metallic
> >core
> >of the spiral type wire. Can you provide an answer based on scientific
> >facts
> >as to the difference in spark quality and combustion efficiency between
> >spiral core and carbon-impregnated core ignition wire? I'd be grateful
> >you if you would explain to myself and to the group if there are
> >advantages
> >to installing spiral wires to replace suppression wires that have been
> >in
> >service
> >for five years.

Im not going to get into one of these debates. I did not state a fact, Do
you no a fact from an opinion? I said.... "If you think it would maximize
performance don't you think the manufactures
would be putting them on cars now??? "

meaning (quality) spiral core spark wires.

The wires they are using on today's 100K maintenance free vehicles are
lasting just that. 100k!! so in my opinion there isn't a problem with the
wires Chrysler uses.

Old July 9th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 10:15:12 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>The wires they are using on today's 100K maintenance free vehicles are
>lasting just that. 100k!! so in my opinion there isn't a problem with the
>wires Chrysler uses.

Have you checked to see if Chrysler isn't using spiral core wires? If
they are not, they are in the minority. That's all I was saying. I
also said performance improvement would not be one of the main
reasons.