Civic Check Engine Light - Code P1336

Old June 23rd 05, 03:58 AM
phelper

Got yet another Check Engline Light Question on my 1999 Civic EX...

The light is on...

If I fix the problem, will the light go off on it's own? Or does it
need to be reset?

Thanks!

I guess my next step is to replace the spark plug wires... Any
recomendations? I figured I'd but some factory wires...
Old June 23rd 05, 06:52 AM
SoCalMike

phelper wrote:
> Got yet another Check Engline Light Question on my 1999 Civic EX...
>
> The light is on...
>
> If I fix the problem, will the light go off on it's own? Or does it
> need to be reset?

after X amount of drive cycles. best thing to do is get a code reader,
and reset it.

> Thanks!
>

> I guess my next step is to replace the spark plug wires... Any
> recomendations? I figured I'd but some factory wires...

yeah- id stick with OEM
Old June 24th 05, 01:43 AM
phelper

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:52:45 -0700, SoCalMike
> wrote:

>phelper wrote:
>> Got yet another Check Engline Light Question on my 1999 Civic EX...
>>
>> The light is on...
>>
>> If I fix the problem, will the light go off on it's own? Or does it
>> need to be reset?

>after X amount of drive cycles. best thing to do is get a code reader,
>and reset it.

The code reader can reset the light?
Old June 24th 05, 02:04 AM
TeGGeR®

phelper > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:52:45 -0700, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>
>>phelper wrote:
>>> Got yet another Check Engline Light Question on my 1999 Civic EX...
>>>
>>> The light is on...
>>>
>>> If I fix the problem, will the light go off on it's own? Or does it
>>> need to be reset?

>>after X amount of drive cycles. best thing to do is get a code reader,
>>and reset it.

> The code reader can reset the light?

If you get a good one, yes.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#analysis

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old June 24th 05, 05:56 AM
SoCalMike

phelper wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:52:45 -0700, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>

>>phelper wrote:
>>
>>>Got yet another Check Engline Light Question on my 1999 Civic EX...
>>>
>>>The light is on...
>>>
>>>If I fix the problem, will the light go off on it's own? Or does it
>>>need to be reset?

>>after X amount of drive cycles. best thing to do is get a code reader,
>>and reset it.

> The code reader can reset the light?

my $99 actron can.
Old June 25th 05, 01:56 AM
phelper

On 24 Jun 2005 01:04:19 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:

Tegger, I liked your page, great info.

But I didn't see one answer...

I have my anti theft code card, how do I input the code?
Old June 25th 05, 02:11 AM
phelper

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:56:42 -0500, phelper >
wrote:

>On 24 Jun 2005 01:04:19 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>

>Tegger, I liked your page, great info.
>
>But I didn't see one answer...
>
>I have my anti theft code card, how do I input the code?

Don't answer that... I just took my lazy a$$ out there, pulled the
fuse to reset the check engine light... then pulled the card with the
radio code, and saw it corresponded with the numbers 1-6 on the radio
presets...

Easy as pie.

Thanks.