A604-41TE Amsoil synthetic versus ATF+3 Mpoar 7176 ??

Old June 8th 05, 03:46 PM
David

He is a Scamsoil Snake oil salesman. Look at all the Time he has to Post!
He's like a Maytag salesman, Not doing any business! Sitting in his Trailer
at the Mobile home park all day posting. Gotta Love that.

P.S. I'm not racists. I believe all Trailer park residents are TT Amsoil
Sales people!

Old June 8th 05, 09:42 PM

Carl Keehn wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Now this is interesting.
> >

> > Carl Keehn wrote:
> > > "fwd_moparasambuku" > wrote in message
> > > lkaboutautos.com...

> > > Whether you're out of here or not, you're blocked.
> > > You come to the site, spamming and multiposting
> > > and then start whining when some respected
> > > posters don't roll over and play dead at your
> > > claims.

> > > Buh Buy

> > Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> > > On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 wrote:

> > > This is usenet. There's no such thing as "banning"
> > > someone from an unmoderated group such as this one.

> > > Grow a brain.

> > I think Carl moderates a forum somewhere that is what
> > they call a usenet portal and he can block posts there
> > that still show up on Google Groups.
> >
> > No matter. Censorship sucks no matter what. I notice
> > that many automotive forums link to this Google Groups
> > thread. The thing is that lots of them are censored.
> > Lots of them are only showing posts which make
> > "MOPAR ATF only" nuts look good. Of course that means
> > those forums have only a few posts from this thread.
> >
> > <giggle>

> No censorship is involved at all. AS Godlike as I would
> like to be, I have no influence over the internet, usenet
> groups or what any other person does or does not read.
> My only power is to ask my newsreader software to not
> display postings from selected persons. Since you're
> so concerned over the issue, my criteria for blocking
> comes up when the poster wanders away from posting on the
> topic and resorts to personal attacks on those who differ
> with him.

I never said you have any "influence over the internet",
and you know it. I said *I think* you moderate a forum
somewhere. I suppose I could have added the word may,
but a reasonable person, could see I was not stating I
knew such was the case.

Your saying you had *blocked* fwd_mopabuku did make me
wonder though, if you had BLOCKED him from appearing on
an entire forum. I mean, usually the brats say something
like this, when they bozo filter someone. "YOU ARE ON
IGNORE BUDDY! Nya Nya Nya Nya NYAAAA", ad nauseum etc.

By saying you blocked him you made me wonder though.
That is why I did a Google WEB search on this thread.
It was then I discovered that, YEP, this thread has
indeed been censored in many automotive forums. Just
as I said earlier.

Just curious.

Under the censorship criteria you operate by, have you
also filtered Sternn, Pffeifer, Steve B and David, for
repeatedly attacking others and ditorting their words?
Have you considered bozo filtering your own posts?

I noticed you blocked fwd_mopabuku. From what I can see
though, he is only guilty of allowing guys like I just
mentioned, to get him angry for reapeatedly baiting him.

Do you bozo the idiots who go off topic, purposely
distort my words, bait me, and falsely claim I sell
Amsoil? I mean since as you confess, "AS Godlike as I
would like to be", wouldn't being fair and even handed
be more "Godlike"? Or is it just the power you enjoy?

Please get this.

Only a fool would try to sell Amsoil to DCX shills,
or try to convince close minded idiots, to rethink
their unreasoning prejudices.

I know that is not what I came here for. I just know
that this thread will be forever archived, and made
available for search engines. I want consumers to
know the truth about the DCX ATF scam. That's all.

Don't forget to filter me out also. If you haven't
already done so.

So far you guys have helped the cause tremendously,
by being so transparently duplicitous, hypocritical,
and unfalteringly irrational.

Thank you, all of you, so very very much.

Old June 8th 05, 10:07 PM

David wrote:

> He is a Scamsoil Snake oil salesman. Look at all
> the Time he has to Post! He's like a Maytag
> salesman, Not doing any business! Sitting in his
> Trailer at the Mobile home park all day posting.
>
>Gotta Love that.
>
> P.S. I'm not racists. I believe all Trailer park
> residents are TT Amsoil Sales people!

LOL

I am a she not a he. Obviously you haven't even
read my posts, and so you do not even know what
you are talking about.

I am not an Amsoil sales person.

Maybe you are telling the truth, and you are
not a racist. You are however clearly a bigot.
Because obviously you have a penchant for making
broad sweeping value judgments about others,
based upon faulty stereotypes, regrading what
areas people live in. How very Daimler of you.

You are clearly a jerk who does not think before
he speaks. I suppose it is fair to presume that
you are not a DCX public relations officer. Then
again, I suppose it really isn't, is it.

ROTFL!

OH GOD.

That was a good one.

Thanks!

I have to get back to work now.

Dig ya later discriminator!

ROTFLH

OHH GOD

Old June 9th 05, 12:15 AM
Matt Whiting

wrote:

>>>ATF +4 is not really a synthetic.

>>But it is the one and only correct fluid for a lot of
>>Mopar transmissions.
>>

> At least he admits MOPAR ATF +4 is not really synthetic.
>
> <giggle>

So?

>>>Now just watch these assholes accuse me of selling Amsoil.

>>Are you? If not, why is it so important to you that anyone
>>else open their eyes and see the Light, the Truth and the
>>Way of Scamsoil?
>>

> LOL
>
> Maybe this guy works for the Petroleum Company that makes
> MOPAR's overpriced semisynthetic for them?
>
> ATF +4 will work OK. But it will not work as well as
> REDLINE C+ or AMSOIL full synthetic ATF.
>
> No semi synthetic can work as well as a full synthetic.

Sure it can. If a certain level of "slipperiness" or viscosity is
required for proper operation and the full synthetic isn't in that range
(might be too slippery, or too thin), then it isn't better and very
likely is worse.

>>Y'know, I'd bet a week's salary that "mini3oh" and
>>"fwd_moparasambuku" are one and the same. They both
>>act like ducks...with advanced dysentery.
>>

> Paranoia strikes deep.

No, just someone who can recognize a duck when he hears or sees one.

> Like I said. They are a bunch of insanely biased
> nuts. Or maybe THEY work for Daimler Chrysler.
>

> People I only finally spoke up because all the
> lies propping up Daimler's "ATF +3 or +4 only"
> scam offends my sense of fair play. I just hate
> seeing others ripped off by it.

So you'd rather see them ripped off my Scamsoil?

> At least use Valvoline ATF, because it is just
> as good and it costs less.
>
> If you want to upgrade to something far better
> then get REDLINE C+ or AMSOIL ATF.

The only problem is that there is no evidence that it is better.

Matt
Old June 9th 05, 12:21 AM
Matt Whiting

> My point is not that AMSOIL makes the best ATF.
> I would have bought REDLINE C+ if I could found
> some for sale.

But our point is that your point is incorrect.

> Really my point is that there are far better
> alternatives to overpriced MOPAR ATF +3 and +4,
> including Valvoline ATF, REDLINE C+ and Amsoil
> ATF.

Wrong again.

> In addition. I point out that Daimler Chrysler
> has been misinforming their customers about
> their vehicles transmission fluid requirements.

And you have no data to support his assertion. It may be true, but you
certainly have given no evidence that it is true.

> They have perpetrated this long running hoax.
> To keep their profit margin up by causing
> their customers to buy only their ATF. To
> keep them coming back for parts and service,
> which would not have been necessary if their
> inferior ATF had not been used, instead of
> superior alternatives.

Given the number of people buying Toyota's now to get better quality, I
really doubt that any auto maker would knowingly shorten the life of
their vehicles and encourage even more defections. However, believe
whatever conspiracy theory suits your fancy.

> Valvoline, Redline and Amsoil ATF is not
> snake oil. Daimler Chrysler's business
> ethic certainly is though, and their ATF
> +4 semi synthetic, is an inferior product
> by design.

I don't know if it is snake oil or not, but I do know that it isn't
suitable for Chrysler transmissions that specify ATF+4.

Matt
Old June 9th 05, 01:44 AM
Steve

> Now just watch these assholes accuse me
> of selling Amsoil.
>
> I use it in my A604 and it is fine! In

Maybe you're not an Amsoil salesman, but you're also not a Chrysler
owner. At least not a knowledgeable one. No one who actually deals with
them has called it an "A604" for more than 10 years. Its a 41TE or a 42LE.

Old June 9th 05, 05:41 PM

Hi Matt,

I respect your caution about upgrading to a full synthetic ATF. God
knows these trannys are very sensitive to fluid requirements, and
everyone who has ever put Dexron Mercon in by mistake, or believed some
idiot at a trans repair shop who said it was OK to put it in, "as long
as a friction modifier like Lube-guard is added", immediately had TC
shudder and slippage. Such would require an immediate full system
flush, a new MOPAR filter (not a close but no cigar knockoff), and a
complete refill with MOPAR ATF +3. All true.

I know how you feel. The data. The data. Think about this though. How
long were DCX's own TSB's on fluid (Trans OIL) for the A604 confusing
and open to interpretation? I think their data is too often just profit
driven bunkum.

All I can tell you is this. I have had great results with full
synthetic ATF in my A604. I knew right off I had done the right thing
because it performs far better.

It shifts way faster and firmer on WOT, like a properly installed shift
kit would afford, and it shifts down perfectly too. Yet when driving
"normal" with smooth light even acceleration, you can NOT feel it shift
at all. I mean way waaaaay smoother than it did even when brand new. If
the friction characteristics were not up to snuff, it wouldn't be able
to do that, and you know it.

It runs much cooler now too, both in stop and go traffic in hot
weather, and when taking a beating on the highway. If the friction
characteristics were off, it would heat up, even if I really was too
stupid to sense if was slipping, or the shift timing was off.

You know how these 4 speeds were designed to hang onto one gear while
grabbing another, so they would have that "grocery getter smoothness",
and how this means friction heat buildup. As you may know already. This
is why a good shift kit can extend the life of these babies, IF DONE
RIGHT. Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Most people can't install a shift kit
right. Or they chose the wrong one and just wind up creating problems.
But you know the idea behind getting one. Well now my A604 performs
just as I told you above.

I believe that this full synthetic enables the A604 to actually perform
as it was intended to by the designers. In other words. I think they
are a great design, and really the old ATF +3 was just not up to the
job. Not really. You had to baby them to get a decent life span out of
them, by avoiding WOT and driving conservatively.

But for far too many people, over many years, [there is plenty of data
on that!] driving conservatively and using only Mopar 7176 +3, Mopar
filters and following their fluid & filter change schedule, did not get
them the lifespan of the 3 speeds, and other car manufacturers
transmissions.

Thousands of complaints over the years by A604 owners has given it bad
reputation. But it wasn't the design. It was the ATF. The fact that DCX
is pushing their new semi synthetic +4, only proves they knew it too.
The A604/41Te4 design is a marvel! It was ahead of it's time, IF you
used Mopar 7176 +3, but not if you were using one of the full
synthetics.

Honestly Matt. Full synthetics like Redline C+ and Amsoil ATF have been
around a lot longer than Mopar +4. Those who for years have been using
these full synthetics in their's, with great results, have all along
been denounced as liars trying to peddle snake oil though. It is a
MYTH that only Mopar ATF should be used.

True, Mopar +4 is better than their old +3, but it is only a semi
synthetic. It is a far less robust than a 100% full synthetic. I use it
in my A604, for the same reasons that I use Mobil 1 in my engine.

I swear to you I don't sell the stuff Matt. In fact if I were you, I
would go with the Redline C+, because they have a better reputation,
and lots of race teams wont use anything else. I only have experience
with Amsoil ATF though, and I do know from experience that it is great
stuff. So personally I would buy Amsoil again.

I trust Valvoline pretty much. I mean they do have a reputation to
uphold, and there are liability issues, but they say they have a +4. I
don't know if it is just a copy of Mopar's semi synthetic +4 or not
though. I suggest you try one of the full synthetics.

Or you can believe the myths. Like if you disconnect the air box on a
Chrysler/MMC 3.0 and use a CAI instead, then your computer will burn
up! People believed that myth for years. But experience, seat of the
pants data not driven by profit, my own included, proves that to be
untrue. It's the same with this ATF issue Matt.

Steviepoo,

Some of us still call the 41Te4 (not "41Te" as you said by the way)
A604's out of habit, because we have been Chrysler owners a little
longer.

One more thing Stevie. You really can be a nasty bitchy little whiner.
So I don't know if you are really a *man* or not. Balls *or* no balls.