Can a very obese person drive a Ford Mustang???

Old May 6th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.swordfighting
Lucas J. Riesau

Default Can a very obese person drive a Ford Mustang???

I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

Old May 6th 07, 08:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.swordfighting
Kruse

On May 6, 2:52 am, "Lucas J. Riesau" > wrote:
> I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
> a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

I'd go to your local Ford dealer and do a test drive or better yet,
rent one for a weekend from somebody like Hertz. That's probably the
best way to find out.

Old May 6th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
vince garcia

Lucas J. Riesau wrote:

> I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
> a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

I'm 250 and I feel cramped in most small cars.

Do the math at 423...

My particular Mustang is a 68 Cougar, and I've had a friend at 375 lbs
along as a rider, and he's had a lot of problems getting in and out of
THAT car which I am thinking is a bit more roomy than a car of today.
(And the way he has to push on the seat back to brace himself makes me
cringe.)

Frankly, I suspect you'd be very uncomfortable in a Mustang of today,
but as some said, you can test drive one, and see
Old May 6th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Lucas J. Riesau wrote:
> I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
> a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

Die troll

--
"The problem is almost certainly a big spider's nest. I
can't wash my hair in the sink anymore, because of the
Old May 7th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

I'm 6' 1", 250 lbs. I'm fine in the car, but there isn't a lot of extra
room in the bucket seats. I'm guessing that you'd have trouble. Your best
bet (as someone else mentioned) would be to test drive one.

oups.com...

Old May 13th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

On May 6, 8:00 am, vince garcia > wrote:
> Lucas J. Riesau wrote:
>
> > I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
> > a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

> I'm 250 and I feel cramped in most small cars.
>
> Do the math at 423...

I'm 5' 9" 190lb and I feel cramped in my 91 GT Vert.

My "little" buddy (6'4" 430) can "barely" even get into my car.

BTW, here's a couple pics of my "little buddy" trying to sit in my
GT40. GT40? YUP! MY GT40!!

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo29.jpg

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo30.jpg

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo31.jpg

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo22.jpg

Old May 13th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On 5 May 2007 23:52:26 -0700, "Lucas J. Riesau" >
wrote:

>I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
>a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

Unfortunately, cars are not designed for larger people. The more
compact the car, the more uncomfortable it will be.

Take out the front seats, put extensions on the pedals and steering
column, sit in the back, and use one of those grabber tong thingees to
shift and change radio stations. If it works for Kareem, it outta work
for you.

In 1974, I saw a cop in Newport, Ky, driving a little car like a
Dodge Colt. I couldn't figure out how he steered that thing with the
steering wheel buried in his gut, let alone respond to an emergency
without the jaws of life. And where was he parked? You guessed it.
A donut shop.
Old May 14th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 6, 8:00 am, vince garcia > wrote:
>> Lucas J. Riesau wrote:
>>
>> > I'm currently weighing 423 pounds. Can I still drive
>> > a Ford Mustang or do you recommend something else?

>> I'm 250 and I feel cramped in most small cars.
>>
>> Do the math at 423...

> I'm 5' 9" 190lb and I feel cramped in my 91 GT Vert.
>
> My "little" buddy (6'4" 430) can "barely" even get into my car.
>
> BTW, here's a couple pics of my "little buddy" trying to sit in my
> GT40. GT40? YUP! MY GT40!!
>
> http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo29.jpg
>
> http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo30.jpg
>
> http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo31.jpg
>
> http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo22.jpg

Yip, nice car. But your friend needs a little help, for his health if
nothing else... sell it to him that he can then easily drive your car!

Brad

Old May 15th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

On May 14, 3:07 am, "BradandBrooks" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> >http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/G...os/photo22.jpg

> Yip, nice car. But your friend needs a little help, for his health if
> nothing else... sell it to him that he can then easily drive your car!
>
> Brad

He's lost 75lbs since those pics where taken. He walks 5 miles/day!
ALOT more than most of us do huh ??

He still can't drive my GT40 though! LMAO!