Saturn engine problems

Old February 2nd 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Saturn engine problems

I have a '97 SL2 with 133k miles and my check engine light keeps
coming on and going out. While driving, the engine will rev up or not
shift appropriately, i.e. when at 35-37mph it won't shift into the
next gear unless I take my foot off the gas. When stopping, the
engine feels like it's going to shut off. No one seems to be able to
fix it, any ideas? Also had oil leaking into one of the spark plugs.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old February 5th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

On Feb 2, 10:57 am, wrote:
> I have a '97 SL2 with 133k miles and my check engine light keeps
> coming on and going out. While driving, the engine will rev up or not
> shift appropriately, i.e. when at 35-37mph it won't shift into the
> next gear unless I take my foot off the gas. When stopping, the
> engine feels like it's going to shut off. No one seems to be able to
> fix it, any ideas? Also had oil leaking into one of the spark plugs.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did take the car to Autozone and the
code that came up was 0711, a transmission sensor that seems to be
malfunctioning. I had that code before and took it to get repaired,
but here it is again.

Old February 6th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article . com>,
says...
> On Feb 2, 10:57 am, wrote:
> > I have a '97 SL2 with 133k miles and my check engine light keeps
> > coming on and going out. While driving, the engine will rev up or not
> > shift appropriately, i.e. when at 35-37mph it won't shift into the
> > next gear unless I take my foot off the gas. When stopping, the
> > engine feels like it's going to shut off. No one seems to be able to
> > fix it, any ideas? Also had oil leaking into one of the spark plugs.
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks for your suggestions. I did take the car to Autozone and the
> code that came up was 0711, a transmission sensor that seems to be
> malfunctioning. I had that code before and took it to get repaired,
> but here it is again.

Could be a faulty connection.

---------------
DTC P0711
Circuit Description

The transaxle fluid temperature sensor, engine coolant temperature (ECT)
sensor, and the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor are thermistor
circuits. When the sensors are cold, they have high resistance and high
sensor voltage. As the temperature increases, this resistance and
voltage decreases. The PCM supplies a 5-volt signal to the sensors,
which is also connected to ground. The PCM reads the voltage drop on the
sensor signal lines to determine the corresponding temperature.
Conditions for Setting the DTC