2007 Cupholder Designs

Old February 1st 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jon Jon

Default 2007 Cupholder Designs

Read most of these posts - including the one that said they couldn't
believe they were actually responding.....anyway ... my take on the
cupholder(s) issue :

I drive a '98 SATURN .. should I ever buy another car I will keep my
SATURN....

I drive ALOT of highway/freeway (throughways as they called up
Northeast).. and coffee is my refreshment - my thermos is my co-pilot ..
anyway ..

I am alright with the cupholder provided; however I did need to
customize the cup - finally found one "close enough" that I could grind
"1/16th inch" off each side for width ... because --- "most" cups that
fit the holder would be too tall and interfere with the heater/defroster
slide settings.

To debate the issue of " if people base their purchases on the
cupholders and/or positioning" .. I DID look at the new SATURN when at
the dealership having maintenance done (2003/2004) .. the different
positioning of the cupholders/center armrest console immediately turned
me OFF -- enough that engine/tranny/tires were never looked at by me.

Starbucks - it is "OK" coffee but one would think they could obtain CUPS
that don't leak. If and when my thermos goes empty and I make an
emergency stop at McD's or Starbucks for coffee, I immediately transfer
the coffee out of the <particularly Starbucks> cup to my custom made car
cup.

One thing I always thought the car "gurus" could think of is 2 <two>
cigarette lighters. I do smoke and usually use my BIC lighter to light
up when driving -- if my cell phone was not recharging in the cigarette
lighter, maybe I could use the cigarette lighter; hence - 2 cigarette
lighters would be handy; or 1 cig lighter, 1 cell phone plug-in --- I do
have the SATURN retrofit ashtray and as well, when the wire from the
cell phone is in the cigarette lighter, it is right over the ashtray,
etc etc.

My SATURN is the best car I've ever owned, but every time I look at a
new one I'm glad I own an "old" one.

I'd be hard pressed to buy ANY new car.

Have a lovely 2007 :-)

Old February 1st 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_6_]

"Jon Jon" > wrote in message

<snip>
> One thing I always thought the car "gurus" could think of is 2 <two>
> cigarette lighters.

<snip>
It's been done. My wife's 2004 Honda Accord LX has that feature.

> I do smoke and usually use my BIC lighter to light
> up when driving

<snip>

(biting tongue ... biting tongue harder ... )

> My SATURN is the best car I've ever owned, but every time I look at a
> new one I'm glad I own an "old" one.
>
> I'd be hard pressed to buy ANY new car.

<snip>

I can relate to that feeling. I think I spend less on maintenance on my
'99 SL in a year than my wife spends on her Honda for most routine
maintenance visits.

2007 Cupholder Designs Rex BMW 0 January 30th 07 08:52 PM
2007 Cupholder Designs [email protected] BMW 2 January 18th 07 08:28 PM
2007 Cupholder Designs [email protected] BMW 0 January 18th 07 05:48 PM
2007 Cupholder Designs Rich Honda 0 January 17th 07 03:59 PM
2007 Cupholder Designs Rich Saturn 0 January 17th 07 03:59 PM