96 explorer v8 need suggestions

Old October 24th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dread

Default 96 explorer v8 need suggestions

stock but for k&n intake kit from throttle body
2 wheel drive
the good news
bought it used w 84,000 miles on it,had it for 2 years paid it off
it now has 198,800 miles on it. I did the stuff that was supposed to be done
when it was supposed to be done. so it safe to say it still runs pretty good
and
has as much pep as you would expect from an explorer.

the problem
want more torque and horsepower dont know where to start . still has
to be a daily driver for long commute to work and back. thought about doing
H pipes or just duels in general since it has the 2 into i setup after the
cats.
do they make a chip or tuner??I will do the cam if I have to but i dont
want my mileage to suffer.. where to start ? what to do?

Old October 25th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dread

Default 96 explorer v8

ok. I took it to a local shop and they said i might wanna start with a
tranny tune up or rebuild, before trying to add any hp or torque . they also
said aftermarket parts for the 302 is plentyful ,However, fitting them in
the explorer is a more painful experience.
what mods have some of you done to your explorers?
I found a few sites on them like lifts, snorkels.etc mainly offroad, or show
truck. I am looking into getting it bagged,w bigger brakes. not getting 20,s
maybe 18,s
news

Old October 26th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Fred 2

The 4R70W transmission used with the V8 (5.0) Explorer is pretty good
here is some info.

http://www.becontrols.com/tech/ch1alphabet.htm

http://www.becontrols.com/tech/ch2aodefund.htm

http://www.becontrols.com/tech/ch3aodeupgrade.htm

Old October 26th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ollie

"Dread" > wrote in message
news
> stock but for k&n intake kit from throttle body
> 2 wheel drive
> the good news
> bought it used w 84,000 miles on it,had it for 2 years paid it off
> it now has 198,800 miles on it. I did the stuff that was supposed to be
> done when it was supposed to be done. so it safe to say it still runs
> pretty good and
> has as much pep as you would expect from an explorer.
>
> the problem
> want more torque and horsepower dont know where to start . still has
> to be a daily driver for long commute to work and back. thought about
> doing H pipes or just duels in general since it has the 2 into i setup
> after the cats.
> do they make a chip or tuner??I will do the cam if I have to but i dont
> want my mileage to suffer.. where to start ? what to do?

Sell it and buy a mustang ???

Old October 26th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dread

has to carry my tools and tow 2 jet skis...not an option

Old October 29th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
gordo

Sell it and buy a Lightning?
. ..