possible 65 factory drag car ?

Old July 19th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
p-nut

Default possible 65 factory drag car ?

Hello all. Let me start off by telling you my situation first. I have a
brother inlaw who is willing to sell me his black 1965 mustang. I want
to get some facts on the car first as he has no documentation on what he
claims it is. He claims it is a Ford Motor Company factory drag car. He
isnt computer savvy so he is limited on the research he has done. Does
Ford have a place where you can do a vin search? If it is one how much
would it be worth? thanks for any help on this TED
Old July 19th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_2_]

There is a buy named Bill S, in the alt hi po ford group that may be able to
help you.
He knows his Mustangs better than most.

You may want to post some photos (host them on a site, post ONLY a link) and
the VIN.
Some of the guys in here really know that old iron pretty well, so give them
some bait

Kate
2O]]]]]]]O6 Rubicon

. ..

Old July 19th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
oldford

I have a frined that has a 65 mustang drag car. It has fiberglass hood,
fenders and door. Also Ford Drag Team is on door in gold.

Old July 19th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
p-nut

oldford > wrote in
:

> I have a frined that has a 65 mustang drag car. It has fiberglass
> hood, fenders and door. Also Ford Drag Team is on door in gold.
>

> Kate wrote:
>> There is a buy named Bill S, in the alt hi po ford group that may

be
>> able to help you.
>> He knows his Mustangs better than most.
>>
>> You may want to post some photos (host them on a site, post ONLY a
>> link) and the VIN.
>> Some of the guys in here really know that old iron pretty well, so
>> give them some bait
>>
>> Kate
>> 2O]]]]]]]O6 Rubicon
>>
>> "p-nut" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> : Hello all. Let me start off by telling you my situation first. I
>> : have a brother inlaw who is willing to sell me his black 1965
>> : mustang. I want to get some facts on the car first as he has no
>> : documentation on what he claims it is. He claims it is a Ford

Motor
>> : Company factory drag car. He isnt computer savvy so he is

limited
>> : on the research he has done. Does Ford have a place where you

can
>> : do a vin search? If it is one how much would it be worth? thanks
>> : for any help on this TED

this car also has fiberglass hood fenders and doors. has your friend
had
his appraised? or does he know its value?
Old July 20th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Blue Mesteno[_1_]

"p-nut" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hello all. Let me start off by telling you my situation first. I have a
> brother inlaw who is willing to sell me his black 1965 mustang. I want
> to get some facts on the car first as he has no documentation on what he
> claims it is. He claims it is a Ford Motor Company factory drag car. He
> isnt computer savvy so he is limited on the research he has done. Does
> Ford have a place where you can do a vin search? If it is one how much
> would it be worth? thanks for any help on this TED

All the factory drag Mustangs I've seen from 65-66 were completely
fiberglass from the doors forward and had a 427 (The most memorable having
an SOHC) between the front rails. Go over to
alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury and ask again since I'm fairly sure they
all were HIGHLY modified and running big blocks.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302