1994 Ford Explorer

Old May 24th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 1994 Ford Explorer

My son has a 1994 Ford Explorer that we thought the fuel pump went out on because it would not start and there was no gas getting to the engine, but now after replacing that we think it is the alarm system that won't allow it to start. We think it is factory installed. Any ideas how to disarm the alarm? HELP!!!!!

--
mdblucy

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-317725.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old May 25th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay
located in the fuse panel in the engine compartment.
I replaced the fuel pump which is in the gas tank which was a pain in
the %$$%. Once that did not fix it I then felt like a dumb ass when I
found the fuel pump relay...replaced it and ......

-Sam in Raleigh.
On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:14:39 +0200, mdblucy

Old May 25th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:14:39 +0200, mdblucy
> wrote:

My son has a 1994 Ford Explorer that we thought the fuel pump went out
on because it would not start and there was no gas getting to the
engine, but now after replacing that we think it is the alarm system
that won't allow it to start. We think it is factory installed. Any
ideas how to disarm the alarm? HELP!!!!!

Do a google groups search on VSS-600, which is a dealer installed
alarm. I think thats all there was in '94. There are several past
postings describing the pinouts.

You have to short two pins together to get it started if the module is
unplugged. The alram module itself has the pinouts on it if you can
find it. Mine was installed in the wall by the drivers left leg.

dickm

Old May 25th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Why don't you start with the basic stuff......

Got spark ????????
got fuel ????????
got air ??????????

Old May 25th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

My '94 Limited would do that every now and then. I put a new fuel pump relay
in and it has worked fine ever since. The relays are pretty cheap.

Mike