Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Old November 24th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected]

Default Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:25:41 -0600, Steve > graced this
newsgroup with:

>> don't *even* get me started on the American cars I've owned (all new
>>
>> Unbelievable.

>Good, because I don't believe you. Admittedly, an 80s Camaro is about
>the WORST American car you can pick for build quality, but it would
>still be better than the 79 Mazda POS that put me off Japanese cars forever.

...I'm not here to convince you of anything. Nor do I or anyone else
have to. Personally, I think MY recollection of the problems I had
with American cars is a hell of a lot more plausible than your claim
of their longevity and looks.

But hey, it's the Internet, you can say or be anything you want.
Somebody out there might actually believe you so knock yourself out.
;-)

Old November 25th 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
SoCalMike

Steve wrote:

>> don't *even* get me started on the American cars I've owned (all new
>>
>> Unbelievable.

> Good, because I don't believe you. Admittedly, an 80s Camaro is about
> the WORST American car you can pick for build quality, but it would
> still be better than the 79 Mazda POS that put me off Japanese cars
> forever.
>

>> After that, we lost complete and utter faith in any American (big
>> three) cars and went to Japanese cars. We have three Lexuses and a
>> Sentra. ALL of them have been absolutely bulletproof and drive and
>> look like new. The GS300 has 225,000 miles on it

> Congratulations... it still has half the miles my '73 Plymouth Satellite
> has. Let me know how IT looks when its 33 years old and has 460,000
> miles (as if it will ever come CLOSE to either!).

wow... that averages out to a whopping 14k miles a year! i guess that IS
good for an american car!
Old November 25th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Built_Well

SoCalMike wrote:
> but it would still be better than the 79 Mazda POS that put me
> off Japanese cars forever.

=====

Oh my, if you've been put off to Toyotas forever, you are missing
out on the best cars available. Try using your noodle.

Don't let the 79 Mazda experience deprive you of the best cars
you can buy.
Old November 25th 06, 05:59 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Built_Well

Built_Well wrote:
> SoCalMike wrote:
>> but it would still be better than the 79 Mazda POS that put me
> > off Japanese cars forever.

> =====
>
> Oh my, if you've been put off to Toyotas forever, you are missing
> out on the best cars available. Try using your noodle.
>
> Don't let the 79 Mazda experience deprive you of the best cars
> you can buy.

=====

Oops, Steve (NOT SoCalMike) wrote that about being put off to Toyotas
forever because of the Mazda. Steve, use your noodle! [chuckle
Old November 25th 06, 02:27 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Bill Putney

Built_Well wrote:

> Built_Well wrote:
>
>> SoCalMike wrote:
>>
>>> but it would still be better than the 79 Mazda POS that put me

>> > off Japanese cars forever.

>> =====
>>
>> Oh my, if you've been put off to Toyotas forever, you are missing
>> out on the best cars available. Try using your noodle.
>>
>> Don't let the 79 Mazda experience deprive you of the best cars
>> you can buy.

> =====
>
> Oops, Steve (NOT SoCalMike) wrote that about being put off to Toyotas
> forever because of the Mazda. Steve, use your noodle! [chuckle

When I was a kid, myself and a cousin were running thru my grnadmother's
house when she stopped us and told us we'd better stop running in the
house or we might fall and break our noodles. I was shocked, and yet a
little amused, that my otherwise prim and proper grandmother would use
such a crude expression. It was years later that I realized that
"noodle" meant "head".

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old November 25th 06, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected]

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:45:18 -0600, Steve > graced this
newsgroup with:

wrote:
>> Personally, I think MY recollection of the problems I had
>> with American cars is a hell of a lot more plausible than your claim
>> of their longevity and looks.

>Why? What makes your claims "plausible," other than the fact that you
>said them? Nothing.

...the fact that you claim to have American cars that have hundreds of
thousands of miles on them and look and run like new. THAT isn't
plausible. Can happen? Sure, but don't come off trying to make the
claim that ALL American cars do this. Because they don't. If you want
to ignore every single consumer review by just about every reputable
car review source on the planet. Go for it. It's doesn't make your
credibility any more plausible.

>> But hey, it's the Internet, you can say or be anything you want.

>And you do...

Actually, I'm just confusing you with facts. MY experience with
American cars not only goes back to '79, but spans several vehicles
as recent as 2003.

YOUR experience, by your own admission, is isolated to '79, Which,
again by your own admission is dated by 27 years. If your entire
argument hinges on information that's nearly 30 years old..well, I
think your credibility pretty much speaks for itself.

I'm not the one that's implausible here junior.