Gibson avoids felony charges and extreme speeding is IGNORED!!!

Old August 3rd 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Gibson avoids felony charges and extreme speeding is IGNORED!!!

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote: <brevity snip/groups
adjusted>
> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> > laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > writes:
> >

> > > DHS is doing NOTHING to catch them even though DUI/speeding terrorists
> > > are a hundred times the menace bomb-toting terrorists are.

> > Have you contacted your congress-person to fix the horrible hole in
> > national security?! ;-)

> They won't do anything. The auto industry pays them a fortune every
> year to ignore the millions of murderers on our highways.

You have poor reading comprehension skills and you are bad at simple
arithmetic and a remarkably bad and extreme conspiracy theroist to
boot.

87 in a 45 is 193% of the SL.

47 in a 25 is 188% of the SL. Your speeding offense is comparable.

Believing your opinion has any validity reveals you are exceptionally
stupid as well.
-----

- gpsman

Old August 3rd 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
Alan Baker

In article . com>,
"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:

> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> > laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > writes:
> >

> > > DHS is doing NOTHING to catch them even though DUI/speeding terrorists
> > > are a hundred times the menace bomb-toting terrorists are.

> > Have you contacted your congress-person to fix the horrible hole in
> > national security?! ;-)

> They won't do anything. The auto industry pays them a fortune every
> year to ignore the millions of murderers on our highways.

There aren't millions of murders on our highways. For that to be true,
there would have to be millions of deaths with each one being an
intentional act.

Face the facts: people die on the highways because people spend a
significant portion of their lives *on* the highways.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 3rd 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
I-49

> Mel Gibson Charged With Drunk Driving
> Actor Faces Up To 6 Months In Jail For 3 Misdemeanor Counts

..
Much as I hate to agree with lbvh, I do agree that Gibson probably won't
face any jail time. The judge will make him pay a small fine then slap his
hand and say "go and sin no more"

I don't EVEN want to deal with the remarks he made when arrested. All that
is between him and the "Great Maker" .

Old August 3rd 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
morticide

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> He was pulled over for doing 87 in a 45!! That's far more serious than
> the DUI but then, this is criminal coddler america. Mel should be
> locked up forever but he won't do a day.
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1860791.shtml
>
> Mel Gibson Charged With Drunk Driving
> Actor Faces Up To 6 Months In Jail For 3 Misdemeanor Counts
>
> LOS ANGELES, Aug. 2, 2006
>
> (CBS/AP) Mel Gibson was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor drunken
> driving, having an elevated blood-alcohol level and having an open
> container of liquor in his car.
>
> The three counts were filed by Los Angeles County prosecutors five
> days after Gibson was pulled over on Malibu's Pacific Coast Highway
> for speeding and he made anti-Semitic comments at the arresting
> deputy.
>
> The open container violation, for a bottle of tequila allegedly found
> in his car, is an infraction of the vehicle code.
>
> The charges did not mention Gibson's self-described "belligerent
> behavior" toward the deputy or any allegation of speeding. Arraignment
> was set for Sept. 28 in Malibu Superior Court.
>
> If convicted, Gibson faces up to six months in jail, the district
> attorney's office said.
>
> The Sheriff's Department said Gibson was stopped at 2:36 a.m. Friday
> after being seen speeding at 87 mph in a 45-mph zone. Authorities said
> his blood-alcohol level tested at 0.12 percent. A California driver is
> legally intoxicated at 0.08 percent.
>
> (snip)

I'm not sure about CA, but in MO if the violation is tied to DUI, the
DUI (being the more serious offense) is the one prosecuted. Penalties
depend on whether it's a repeat offense.

Not that 87 in a 45 isn't serious; here any speed over 85 can lead to
time in jail.

I'm not familiar enough with CA law (and I'm sure the case is the same
with you) to know whether DUI is actually a felony unless there is a
fatal accident involved. Since there was no accident, Mel will likely
get a fine that's heavy by the standards of the average Joe (possibly a
couple grand with three charges), but it's a pittance at his salary.

Old August 3rd 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
Andrzej Adam Filip

"morticide" > writes:
> [...]
> I'm not familiar enough with CA law (and I'm sure the case is the same
> with you) to know whether DUI is actually a felony unless there is a
> fatal accident involved. Since there was no accident, Mel will likely
> get a fine that's heavy by the standards of the average Joe (possibly a
> couple grand with three charges), but it's a pittance at his salary.

Do you suggest using "income adjusted" fines?

<quote>
HELSINKI, Finland (AP) -- Police gave a record $216_900 speeding ticket
to a millionaire under a system in which traffic fines are linked to an
offender's income.
The Iltalehti tabloid reported that millionaire Jussi Salonoja zoomed
through the city center last weekend in a 25 mph zone and police handed
him a ticket of $216_900. It didn't say what his speed was.
The fine was based on information they got directly from the income-tax
office, the Tuesday report said
</quote>

--
[pl2en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : :
Keep your lies consistent.
Old August 3rd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa

On 3 Aug 2006 05:44:02 -0700, "morticide" > wrote:

>I'm not sure about CA, but in MO if the violation is tied to DUI, the
>DUI (being the more serious offense) is the one prosecuted. Penalties
>depend on whether it's a repeat offense.

That's pretty hard to believe. If they've got you for two crimes, why
would they drop one of them?
Old August 3rd 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa

On 2 Aug 2006 22:50:57 -0700, "gpsman" > wrote:

>Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote: <brevity snip/groups
>adjusted>
>> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

>> > Have you contacted your congress-person to fix the horrible hole in
>> > national security?! ;-)

>> They won't do anything. The auto industry pays them a fortune every
>> year to ignore the millions of murderers on our highways.

>You have poor reading comprehension skills and you are bad at simple
>arithmetic and a remarkably bad and extreme conspiracy theroist to
>boot.
>
>87 in a 45 is 193% of the SL.
>
>47 in a 25 is 188% of the SL. Your speeding offense is comparable.

WTF are you talking about? When was i ever convicted of 47 in a 25??
Old August 3rd 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 05:53:29 GMT, Alan Baker >
wrote:

>In article . com>,
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:
>
>> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

>> > Have you contacted your congress-person to fix the horrible hole in
>> > national security?! ;-)

>> They won't do anything. The auto industry pays them a fortune every
>> year to ignore the millions of murderers on our highways.

>There aren't millions of murders on our highways. For that to be true,
>there would have to be millions of deaths with each one being an
>intentional act.
>
>Face the facts: people die on the highways because people spend a
>significant portion of their lives *on* the highways.

Now that is really stupid, even for you. How does being *on* a
highway cause you to die?

They die because psycho-homos like you are speeding and drunk driving.
Old August 3rd 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:51:41 GMT, "I-49" > wrote:

>> Mel Gibson Charged With Drunk Driving
>> Actor Faces Up To 6 Months In Jail For 3 Misdemeanor Counts

>.
>Much as I hate to agree with lbvh, I do agree that Gibson probably won't
>face any jail time. The judge will make him pay a small fine then slap his
>hand and say "go and sin no more"

The fact that he has admitted to being an alchoholic means he'll never
stop his drunk driving and should have his license permanently
revoked. But that won't happen either. One of these days he'll kill
someone and buy his way out of that too.

Old August 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,soc.culture.usa
Andrzej Adam Filip

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > writes:

> On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:51:41 GMT, "I-49" > wrote:
>
>>> Mel Gibson Charged With Drunk Driving
>>> Actor Faces Up To 6 Months In Jail For 3 Misdemeanor Counts

>>.
>>Much as I hate to agree with lbvh, I do agree that Gibson probably won't
>>face any jail time. The judge will make him pay a small fine then slap his
>>hand and say "go and sin no more"

> The fact that he has admitted to being an alchoholic means he'll never
> stop his drunk driving and should have his license permanently
> revoked. But that won't happen either. One of these days he'll kill
> someone and buy his way out of that too.

AFAIR George Walker Bush has admitted he had "alcohol problems".
Do you suggest he is not worth to have driving licence too?