I've owned my 96 SL2 with 84k from new

Old August 24th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Mike S

Default I've owned my 96 SL2 with 84k from new

Hello-

The sun visor came out in my hand... while driving! I've I owned a few
cars in my time (some real old junkers too), never had one of these
fail before.

I unscrewed the plastic bracket to inspect it and see if I could repair
it. Plastic split... er nope. I removed the passenger side bracket and
thought, well that had a whole lot less use it should last awhile. Next
day, go to turn it and the visor comes out in my hand again!

Unscrewed the bracket, and same thing, the plastic had split. That's
twice in one week... kind of like the headlight bulbs.

I called the dealer and unless there was a miscommunication Saturn wants
25 samolies for this part, plus ut's special order, 2-3 weeks. Holy
moly.

I haven't been to junkyard in some time, but maybe I need to drive the
20 miles to my nearest pick-a-part.

What are my alternatives?

I've done a bit of searching and cannot find anything in the
aftermarket. Is there a fix?

I drive into the sun both ways to work, so going without it .

Old August 25th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NapalmHeart

"Mike S" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hello-
>
> The sun visor came out in my hand... while driving! I've I owned a few
> cars in my time (some real old junkers too), never had one of these
> fail before.
>
> I unscrewed the plastic bracket to inspect it and see if I could repair
> it. Plastic split... er nope. I removed the passenger side bracket and
> thought, well that had a whole lot less use it should last awhile. Next
> day, go to turn it and the visor comes out in my hand again!
>
> Unscrewed the bracket, and same thing, the plastic had split. That's
> twice in one week... kind of like the headlight bulbs.
>
> I called the dealer and unless there was a miscommunication Saturn wants
> 25 samolies for this part, plus ut's special order, 2-3 weeks. Holy
> moly.
>
> I haven't been to junkyard in some time, but maybe I need to drive the
> 20 miles to my nearest pick-a-part.
>
> What are my alternatives?
>
> I've done a bit of searching and cannot find anything in the
> aftermarket. Is there a fix?
>
> I drive into the sun both ways to work, so going without it .

Check with this place. Joey is a very helpful person.

http://www.6thplanetusedparts.com/

Ken

Old August 26th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
James1549

Chances are good that anything in the bone yard will do the same thing.
A few years ago I recovered my headliner and sun roof shade myself on
my '92, that I have owned since new. After doing that, the sun visors
looked rough and out of place.

So I ordered a new pair from Saturn. Took about 5 days to get them and
was about $35 for the pair. All the hardware was included but the
screws to attach. The parts manager at the dealer takes care of his
customers here!

James

Old August 26th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Try "JB Weld".
Old September 14th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33

Hahaha, mine did the same thing!
. ..

Old October 5th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Box134

Interesting. I also have a 96 SL2 (on the road for 11 years next month) and
this hasn't happened to me (yet). Makes you wonder why there's such
variation. Bad batch of parts?

"HyperCube33" > wrote in message
> Hahaha, mine did the same thing!

VW ag government owned? Bernd Felsche Driving 3 May 17th 06 06:21 PM
VW ag government owned? Bernd Felsche Driving 1 May 17th 06 04:30 AM
Cars Owned grayfox Corvette 4 February 1st 06 04:58 AM
Honda Care for Pre Owned Odessey JJ Honda 5 October 4th 05 01:21 AM
How long have you owned your current Corvette? Barking Rats Corvette 44 July 4th 05 05:57 PM