93 Cobra R...wow

Old November 28th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

Default 93 Cobra R...wow

Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R... the price is, well....insane???

1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original miles, has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO
Old December 2nd 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, "dwight" > wrote:
> > "Brad and Karen"
> > Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R...
> > the price is, well....insane???

> > 1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original
> > miles, has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in
> > climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen
> > markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation,
> > including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO

> That doesn't sound at all insane to me. This was a collectible the day it
> was built, and it's been kept in stasis for 15 years. With the current
> economy, it's a hell of a time to bring it out, but that may be the reason
> that it IS coming out at this time.
>
> The starting point of $100K is not unreasonable to me. I would start by
> asking the moon and then settle on the best offer, of course. But putting it
> up for sale with an asking price of $50K - that would be insane.
>
> dwight

Agreed... doesn't sound to insane either... hey, if he can get 100K
for it, more power to him! I'm sure there are at least a couple
people out there that would being willing to drop that kind of coin on
it...

There was a Grand National on e-bay not to long ago, that was in the
same price range... it was still brand new! In fact it had never been
titled from the dealership...

Old December 2nd 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dick R.

John S. wrote:
> On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, "dwight" > wrote:
>
>>>"Brad and Karen"
>>>Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R...
>>>the price is, well....insane???

>>>1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original
>>>miles, has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in
>>>climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen
>>>markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation,
>>>including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO

>>That doesn't sound at all insane to me. This was a collectible the day it
>>was built, and it's been kept in stasis for 15 years. With the current
>>economy, it's a hell of a time to bring it out, but that may be the reason
>>that it IS coming out at this time.
>>
>>The starting point of $100K is not unreasonable to me. I would start by
>>asking the moon and then settle on the best offer, of course. But putting it
>>up for sale with an asking price of $50K - that would be insane.
>>
>>dwight

> Agreed... doesn't sound to insane either... hey, if he can get 100K
> for it, more power to him! I'm sure there are at least a couple
> people out there that would being willing to drop that kind of coin on
> it...
>
> There was a Grand National on e-bay not to long ago, that was in the
> same price range... it was still brand new! In fact it had never been
> titled from the dealership...

I frequently watch the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions on Speed TV (cable),
and it wouldn't surprise me if the starting bid on this vehicle was 100K.
Lots of folks with lots of money attend these auctions, and it's not
unusual to see one person buying several cars and spending upwards of
500K in an evening. When I win the lottery ... :-)
Dick
Old December 2nd 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Dec 2, 4:50 pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
> John S. wrote:

> >>That doesn't sound at all insane to me. This was a collectible the day it
> >>was built, and it's been kept in stasis for 15 years. With the current
> >>economy, it's a hell of a time to bring it out, but that may be the reason
> >>that it IS coming out at this time.

> >>The starting point of $100K is not unreasonable to me. I would start by
> >>asking the moon and then settle on the best offer, of course. But putting it
> >>up for sale with an asking price of $50K - that would be insane.

> >>dwight

> > Agreed... doesn't sound to insane either... hey, if he can get 100K
> > for it, more power to him! I'm sure there are at least a couple
> > people out there that would being willing to drop that kind of coin on
> > it...

> > There was a Grand National on e-bay not to long ago, that was in the
> > same price range... it was still brand new! In fact it had never been
> > titled from the dealership...

> I frequently watch the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions on Speed TV (cable),
> and it wouldn't surprise me if the starting bid on this vehicle was 100K.
> Lots of folks with lots of money attend these auctions, and it's not
> unusual to see one person buying several cars and spending upwards of
> 500K in an evening. When I win the lottery ... :-)
> Dick

I've heard that the alcohol at Barrett-Jackson helps loosen the
wallets a bit too! LOL! And people do get so caught up in bidding...
heck, i know I do at the local fund raisers.... Friend of mine who
attend the BJ auto auctions talked to a couple winning bidders... they
admit that they had spent more than they had planned...
Old December 2nd 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

On Dec 2, 9:16 am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:50 pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
>

> > John S. wrote:

> > > Agreed... doesn't sound to insane either... hey, if he can get 100K
> > > for it, more power to him! I'm sure there are at least a couple
> > > people out there that would being willing to drop that kind of coin on
> > > it...

> > > There was a Grand National on e-bay not to long ago, that was in the
> > > same price range... it was still brand new! In fact it had never been
> > > titled from the dealership...

> > I frequently watch the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions on Speed TV (cable),
> > and it wouldn't surprise me if the starting bid on this vehicle was 100K.
> > Lots of folks with lots of money attend these auctions, and it's not
> > unusual to see one person buying several cars and spending upwards of
> > 500K in an evening. When I win the lottery ... :-)
> > Dick

> I've heard that the alcohol at Barrett-Jackson helps loosen the
> wallets a bit too! LOL! And people do get so caught up in bidding...
> heck, i know I do at the local fund raisers.... Friend of mine who
> attend the BJ auto auctions talked to a couple winning bidders... they
> admit that they had spent more than they had planned...

Recession? What recession? Notable sales in 2008:

$7,920,000 -- 1937 Bugatti Type 57SC Atalante Coupé -- August 2008 --
http://www.finecars.cc/typo3temp/GB/7637b269d2.jpg

$9,400,000 -- 1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM Testa Rossa -- May 2008 --
http://www.forumula1.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4071

$10,894,900 -- 1961 Ferrari California Spyder -- May 2008 --
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/19/1...rd-10-894-900/

$28,700,000 -- 1963 Ferrari GTO -- September 2008 --
http://www.motorauthority.com/ferrar...t-auction.html

180 Out
Old December 3rd 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

On Nov 28, 4:06*am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:

> Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R... the price is, well....insane???

> 1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original miles, has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO

I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you
do with it?

Patrick
Old December 3rd 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

> wrote in message
On Nov 28, 4:06 am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:

> Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R...
> the price is, well....insane???

> 1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original miles,
> has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate
> contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from
> assembly line, comes with lots of documentation, including svt
> certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO

I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you
do with it?

Anything you want,...............except drive it. : ( That's just
sad.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.