NAFTA superhighway will cause boom in the caltrop business

Old September 5th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default NAFTA superhighway will cause boom in the caltrop business

I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.
Old September 5th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
JHM

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
> a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
> traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

I doubt that I'm really on your side, O eloquent neo-gentry, but in
these dark days anybody who can bloviate about "caltrops" as a mere
matter of fact that does not need to be down-dumbed for the easier
convenience of GOP-corrupted wombscholars looks rather attractive.

But despair not, ye neo-gentry! There isn't going to be any
down-the-throat-stuffin' _shtik_ at all, and no "merger with Mexico"
_shtik_ either, but it well becomes you guys to be Ever-Vigilant
Neo-Heroes nevertheless.

Never altogether trust anybody, and trust McCloskeys least of all!
That's my own maxim, sir, and you can have it from me _gratis_.

_Astaghfirullaah_!

Old September 5th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 5 Sep 2006 00:19:59 -0700, "JHM" >
wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
>> a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
>> traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

>I doubt that I'm really on your side, O eloquent neo-gentry, but in
>these dark days anybody who can bloviate about "caltrops" as a mere
>matter of fact that does not need to be down-dumbed for the easier
>convenience of GOP-corrupted wombscholars looks rather attractive.
>
>But despair not, ye neo-gentry! There isn't going to be any
>down-the-throat-stuffin' _shtik_ at all, and no "merger with Mexico"
>_shtik_ either, but it well becomes you guys to be Ever-Vigilant
>Neo-Heroes nevertheless.
>
>Never altogether trust anybody, and trust McCloskeys least of all!
>That's my own maxim, sir, and you can have it from me _gratis_.
>
>_Astaghfirullaah_!

Another govt disinformation agent strikes.

Old September 5th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Bill Funk

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:28:44 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>On 5 Sep 2006 00:19:59 -0700, "JHM" >
>wrote:
>

>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>> I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
>>> a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
>>> traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

>>I doubt that I'm really on your side, O eloquent neo-gentry, but in
>>these dark days anybody who can bloviate about "caltrops" as a mere
>>matter of fact that does not need to be down-dumbed for the easier
>>convenience of GOP-corrupted wombscholars looks rather attractive.
>>
>>But despair not, ye neo-gentry! There isn't going to be any
>>down-the-throat-stuffin' _shtik_ at all, and no "merger with Mexico"
>>_shtik_ either, but it well becomes you guys to be Ever-Vigilant
>>Neo-Heroes nevertheless.
>>
>>Never altogether trust anybody, and trust McCloskeys least of all!
>>That's my own maxim, sir, and you can have it from me _gratis_.
>>
>>_Astaghfirullaah_!

>Another govt disinformation agent strikes.

Are you sure you're in a position to make such an observation?
Remember, the government is paying for your treatment. Without the
Government, you'd be out on the street, where your problems would keep
you from holding any kind of a job that meant meeting the public,
would keep you from having even a $3 girlfriend, and would probably
mean you'd be beaten to a pulp before anyone you did talk to realized
you aren't responsible for your actions.
How about that civics book; is there one in the library there?
Is there a library there?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 5th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:46:14 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
>a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
>traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

I bought a copy of NAFTA, and read the parts which were readable. Lots
of it was not readable - consisting of long lists of all kind of stuff
and what the current and future tariff rates would be. Twine, twisted,
cotton, 13 percent. Twine, twisted, nylon 13 percent on and on and on.
But the actual comprehensible part, on the rules? It was clear to me
that what Nafta does is

level the playing field. To the benefit of the US.

Remember all the talk about how the playing field was rigged against
us? It was. Example - Mexico. We were paying a tariff of about 3
percent on average for stuff made in Mexico sold in the US. But they
were screwing our goods, charging the Mexicans a fifteen percent
tariff, on average, for our goods. That was a playing field really
tilted against us. It wasn't fair.

So what Nafta does is mainly stop them from screwing us. They have
agreed to lower their tariffs way down, to zero for a whole bunch of
stuff. And we agree to lower our tariffs on their stuff, often to
zero.

So instead of playing on an unfair playing field, we can now compete
with Mexican goods on a level playing field.

Why in God's name would you be opposed to that?

WHy do you favor the old system, where our companies got royally
screwed when they tried to sell stuff into Mexico?

While their stuff got off so light when it came in here?

THere is also a chapter on a court to resolve disputes. Seems
reasonable to me to have a court to resolve cheating etc. I don't see
a problem with that.

AND THATS IT. That's all NAFTA is.

It's not the Spawn of Satan.

Old September 5th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Tracey1212

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:46:14 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS > wrote:
>
> >I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
> >a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
> >traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

> I bought a copy of NAFTA, and read the parts which were readable. Lots
> of it was not readable - consisting of long lists of all kind of stuff
> and what the current and future tariff rates would be. Twine, twisted,
> cotton, 13 percent. Twine, twisted, nylon 13 percent on and on and on.
> But the actual comprehensible part, on the rules? It was clear to me
> that what Nafta does is
>
> level the playing field. To the benefit of the US.
>
> Remember all the talk about how the playing field was rigged against
> us? It was. Example - Mexico. We were paying a tariff of about 3
> percent on average for stuff made in Mexico sold in the US. But they
> were screwing our goods, charging the Mexicans a fifteen percent
> tariff, on average, for our goods. That was a playing field really
> tilted against us. It wasn't fair.
>
> So what Nafta does is mainly stop them from screwing us. They have
> agreed to lower their tariffs way down, to zero for a whole bunch of
> stuff. And we agree to lower our tariffs on their stuff, often to
> zero.
>
> So instead of playing on an unfair playing field, we can now compete
> with Mexican goods on a level playing field.
>
> Why in God's name would you be opposed to that?
>
> WHy do you favor the old system, where our companies got royally
> screwed when they tried to sell stuff into Mexico?
>
> While their stuff got off so light when it came in here?
>
> THere is also a chapter on a court to resolve disputes. Seems
> reasonable to me to have a court to resolve cheating etc. I don't see
> a problem with that.
>
> AND THATS IT. That's all NAFTA is.
>
> It's not the Spawn of Satan.

Nearly 37 million US jobs have been deported south of the border to
some latin dump as a result of NAFTA. So, why would you be opposed to
that, dingbat?

Old September 5th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
[email protected]

Default Tyrebiter Gets Flattened Playing In Mexican Traffic

Retitled:

Old September 5th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
kirtland

On 5 Sep 2006 12:54:44 -0700, wrote:

>Retitled:
>
>Tracey1212 wrote:
>> George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr. wrote:

>> > I bought a copy of NAFTA, and read the parts which were readable. Lots
>> > of it was not readable - consisting of long lists of all kind of stuff
>> > and what the current and future tariff rates would be. Twine, twisted,
>> > cotton, 13 percent. Twine, twisted, nylon 13 percent on and on and on.
>> > But the actual comprehensible part, on the rules? It was clear to me
>> > that what Nafta does is
>> >
>> > level the playing field. To the benefit of the US.
>> >
>> > Remember all the talk about how the playing field was rigged against
>> > us? It was. Example - Mexico. We were paying a tariff of about 3
>> > percent on average for stuff made in Mexico sold in the US. But they
>> > were screwing our goods, charging the Mexicans a fifteen percent
>> > tariff, on average, for our goods. That was a playing field really
>> > tilted against us. It wasn't fair.

Why is America selling government subsidized corn to Mexico at prices
below cost of production? This has forced 10's of thousands of Mexican
farmers into unemployment. The end result has been illegal immigration
into the US in search of work to support their families.

Published on Friday, April 23, 2004 by the Los Angeles Times
A Flood of U.S. Corn Rips at Mexico
by Michael Pollan

Americans have been talking a lot about trade this campaign season,
about globalism's winners and losers, and especially about the export
of American jobs. Yet even when globalism is working the way it's
supposed to — when Americans are exporting things like crops rather
than jobs — there can be a steep social and environmental cost.

One of the ballyhooed successes of the North American Free Trade
Agreement has been the opening of Mexico to American farmers, who are
now selling millions of bushels of corn south of the border. But why
would Mexico, whose people still subsist on maize (mostly in
tortillas), whose farmers still grow more maize than any other crop,
ever buy corn from an American farmer? Because he can produce it much
more cheaply than any Mexican farmer can. Actually that's not quite
right — it's because he can sell it much more cheaply.

This is largely because of U.S. agricultural policies. While one part
of the U.S. government speaks of the need to alleviate Third World
poverty, another is writing subsidy checks to American farmers, which
encourages them to undersell Third World farmers.

The river of cheap American corn began flooding into Mexico after
NAFTA took effect in 1994. Since then, the price of corn in Mexico has
fallen by half. A 2003 report by the Carnegie Endowment says this
flood has washed away 1.3 million small farmers. Unable to compete,
they have left their land to join the swelling pools of Mexico's urban
unemployed. Others migrate to the U.S. to pick our crops — former
farmers become day laborers.

>> > So what Nafta does is mainly stop them from screwing us. They have
>> > agreed to lower their tariffs way down, to zero for a whole bunch of
>> > stuff. And we agree to lower our tariffs on their stuff, often to
>> > zero.
>> >
>> > So instead of playing on an unfair playing field, we can now compete
>> > with Mexican goods on a level playing field.

You forgot to mention that US companies moved their manufacturing into
Mexico under NAFTA to take advantage of cheaper labour. Unfortunately,
third world countries in the Pacific rim had even cheaper labour so
the Mexicans lost these jobs eventually.

>> > Why in God's name would you be opposed to that?
>> >
>> > WHy do you favor the old system, where our companies got royally
>> > screwed when they tried to sell stuff into Mexico?
>> >
>> > While their stuff got off so light when it came in here?
>> >
>> > THere is also a chapter on a court to resolve disputes. Seems
>> > reasonable to me to have a court to resolve cheating etc. I don't see
>> > a problem with that.

The US government has refused for years to accept the NAFTA court
rulings. BTW, this cost Americans $1,000 for every new house built in
the last 5 years or so. The softwood lumber industry in the States has
the ear of the government - to hell with the people. They finally
conceded this year.

http://www.embassymag.ca/html/index....t/17/softwood/
NAFTA Softwood Appeals Nearing End
International Trade Minister Jim Peterson has suspended the Aug. 22
softwood lumber talks with his U.S. counterpart Rob Portman as a
result of the American decision to not comply with the latest NAFTA
ruling.

NAFTA is a pile of ****e.....
Old September 6th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: Bill Funk

>On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:28:44 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>MURDERERS > wrote:
>
>>On 5 Sep 2006 00:19:59 -0700, "JHM" >
>>wrote:

>>>I doubt that I'm really on your side, O eloquent neo-gentry, but in
>>>these dark days anybody who can bloviate about "caltrops" as a mere
>>>matter of fact that does not need to be down-dumbed for the easier
>>>convenience of GOP-corrupted wombscholars looks rather attractive.
>>>
>>>But despair not, ye neo-gentry! There isn't going to be any
>>>down-the-throat-stuffin' _shtik_ at all, and no "merger with Mexico"
>>>_shtik_ either, but it well becomes you guys to be Ever-Vigilant
>>>Neo-Heroes nevertheless.
>>>
>>>Never altogether trust anybody, and trust McCloskeys least of all!
>>>That's my own maxim, sir, and you can have it from me _gratis_.
>>>
>>>_Astaghfirullaah_!

>>Another govt disinformation agent strikes.

>Are you sure you're in a position to make such an observation?
>Remember, the government is paying for your treatment. Without the
>Government, you'd be out on the street, where your problems would keep
>you from holding any kind of a job that meant meeting the public,
>would keep you from having even a $3 girlfriend, and would probably
>mean you'd be beaten to a pulp before anyone you did talk to realized
>you aren't responsible for your actions.
>How about that civics book; is there one in the library there?
>Is there a library there?

There is a library there, but all the books have already been colored
in.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old September 6th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

On 5 Sep 2006 12:48:22 -0700, "Tracey1212" > wrote:

>George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr. wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:46:14 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>> MURDERERS > wrote:
>>
>> >I suspect there will be a run on roofing nails too. We need to bring
>> >a halt to this merger with mexico that Bush and the congressional
>> >traitors of both parties are stuffing down our throats.

>> I bought a copy of NAFTA, and read the parts which were readable. Lots
>> of it was not readable - consisting of long lists of all kind of stuff
>> and what the current and future tariff rates would be. Twine, twisted,
>> cotton, 13 percent. Twine, twisted, nylon 13 percent on and on and on.
>> But the actual comprehensible part, on the rules? It was clear to me
>> that what Nafta does is
>>
>> level the playing field. To the benefit of the US.
>>
>> Remember all the talk about how the playing field was rigged against
>> us? It was. Example - Mexico. We were paying a tariff of about 3
>> percent on average for stuff made in Mexico sold in the US. But they
>> were screwing our goods, charging the Mexicans a fifteen percent
>> tariff, on average, for our goods. That was a playing field really
>> tilted against us. It wasn't fair.
>>
>> So what Nafta does is mainly stop them from screwing us. They have
>> agreed to lower their tariffs way down, to zero for a whole bunch of
>> stuff. And we agree to lower our tariffs on their stuff, often to
>> zero.
>>
>> So instead of playing on an unfair playing field, we can now compete
>> with Mexican goods on a level playing field.
>>
>> Why in God's name would you be opposed to that?
>>
>> WHy do you favor the old system, where our companies got royally
>> screwed when they tried to sell stuff into Mexico?
>>
>> While their stuff got off so light when it came in here?
>>
>> THere is also a chapter on a court to resolve disputes. Seems
>> reasonable to me to have a court to resolve cheating etc. I don't see
>> a problem with that.
>>
>> AND THATS IT. That's all NAFTA is.
>>
>> It's not the Spawn of Satan.

>Nearly 37 million US jobs have been deported south of the border to
>some latin dump as a result of NAFTA. So, why would you be opposed to
>that, dingbat?

That's illogical. Please explain the mechanism whereby a reduction of
our tariffs on their stuff from three percent to zero, while they
reduce their tariffs on our stuff from 15 percent to zero

could possibly cost us jobs?

How would that work in your mind? What sane business decisions before
and after NAFTA would lead to the result you claim?

And it's not true, what you said about zillions of lost jobs. First,
as part of Nafta, a fund was created to compensate US workers who lost
their job because of Nafta. The number of US workers seeking
compensation was tiny. It was like 80,000 or something. A very very
small number for the size of our workforce.

After NAFTA passed, the US created jobs at a furious pace, averaging
about two hundred thousand new jobs every month. Month in and month
out, year in and year out. We had FABULOUS job growth following Nafta.

When a US broom maker loses his job beacuse Mexico makes brooms for
less, but then gets a job as a concierge in a hotel, that is not

a lost job

it's a change of jobs

And the new jobs created after NAFTA passed paid more than average,
too.

The claim that a guy making tools in Ohio had to get a job at
McDonalds - is refuted by the economic data.

Which shows - newly created jobs in the US paid more on average than
the old jobs.

If you think you're right - explain the logic.

How could leveling the playing field harm us rather than help us.

Should we now change tariffs - so the UK imposes a twenty percent
tariff on our goods while we impose a three percent tariff on theirs?
Is that what you want?

Why?