Sticky ECU Code 14

Old December 30th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Woody[_1_]

Default Sticky ECU Code 14

Jumping the SCS connector reads out the ABS codes or the SRS codes depending
on which light you are looking at, NOT the engine codes. You need to read
the engine codes with an OBDII tester. ABS14 is left front wheel sensor, SRS
1-4 is short in driver air bag inflator..You can't flash engine codes on any
OBDII vehicle I know if.

.. .

Old December 30th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Woody[_1_]

Default Forget what I wrote,

Didn't see it was not a US vehicle.....

Old December 30th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam

Woody wrote:
> Jumping the SCS connector reads out the ABS codes or the SRS codes depending
> on which light you are looking at, NOT the engine codes. You need to read
> the engine codes with an OBDII tester. ABS14 is left front wheel sensor, SRS
> 1-4 is short in driver air bag inflator..You can't flash engine codes on any
> OBDII vehicle I know if.

might not be available on that vehicle - we've had questions regarding
vehicles from that market before - they're not what we're used to here.
from what i can tell, the code is being read correctly.

Old December 31st 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger

"sharx333" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Michael Pardee wrote:
>> BTW - where is this located? I think all of North America was using
>> OBDII in 1996, and 14 is the OBDI code for IAC valve signal.
>>
>> Mike

> Hmm. I think it's already OBD-II, but the CEL light is on so we jumped
> the SCS connector, and the CEL blinked one long and 4 short blinks.
> Am I reading it correctly?

Yes you are. Honda outside North America does not use the OBD-II DLC
system; they retain the more sensible MIL-flash method.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 2nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
E Meyer

You obviously don't know of very many OBD-II cars then. All Nissans and
Hondas to this day still have a way to flash engine codes. Per the FSM for
my '06 CR-V, you can flash codes by shorting the SCS line (with something
called an HDS). '96 was the first year for ODB-II and the SCS connector is
still separate and readily available on those models.

On 12/30/06 1:02 PM, in article
, "Woody" >