Leaking windshield washer resevoir

Old July 27th 05, 01:39 AM
330cj

Default Leaking windshield washer resevoir

The water/washer fluid leaks out of my reservoir daily. There is no leak
from the resevoir or pump when I take it out of the car. After a day or
two the reservoir is empty and the warning light is on. I've checked the
hose and it seems to be fine. I have a 2001 330CI. Any suggestions?

Old July 27th 05, 01:57 AM
J Strickland

It has to be leaking from the bottle or from the hoses. And, the point of
the leak is at the same level as the low water line. The water drains down
to the leak, then stops leaking.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 27th 05, 04:20 AM
330cj

strick

Thanks for the advice

It's leaking to the level on the bottom of the pump and rubber grummet. I
took the bottle out and plug the nipple that the hose attaches to and there
is no leak. I tried blowing through the hose and there is no hole or leak.
It make be leaking around the pump and the hole it fits into. There are
no visible leaks. It takes about two days for the warning light to come
on.

Old July 27th 05, 04:48 AM
FFF

330cj wrote:

>strick
>
>Thanks for the advice
>
>It's leaking to the level on the bottom of the pump and rubber grummet. I
>took the bottle out and plug the nipple that the hose attaches to and there
>is no leak. I tried blowing through the hose and there is no hole or leak.
> It make be leaking around the pump and the hole it fits into. There are
>no visible leaks. It takes about two days for the warning light to come
>on.

I had the same problem, it was under warranty so the dealer repaired it
......NOT!

they replaced the pipes to the headlight sprayers

It turned out to be an O ring (purple in colour) that is in the line
from the tank to the plumbing. If you remove the clip and disconnect
the tank from the plumbing, you will see there is an o ring on the pipe
attached to the tank. Mine was crimped at the bottom so it was not easy
to see. I used an o ring available at the hardware store.
Old July 27th 05, 05:30 PM
DwntnMpls

Which series do you have? I have a 1997 528i that may have the same
problem.

Old July 27th 05, 05:39 PM
J Strickland

There has to be a leak, or the pump is on. I'm thinking you would notice if
the pump was on though.

lkaboutautos.com...