suggestions to revitalize this news group?

Old June 26th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default suggestions to revitalize this news group?

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> On 25.6.2010. 19:46, Chuck wrote:
>
>> Rated/calculated rear wheel HP 220. (Consistent with 1/4 mile times)

> that's double what I drive what are the 1/4 times?
>
>> Not to mention that my doctors are now frowning on my racing activities.

> give them a spin, they'll either stop or have you committed

Good point!
Chris
99BBB

Old June 26th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message
> Also, though it can take a while, especially anymore, most miata
> information that people seek can be found here on r.a.m.m.m. No question,
> however, that the miata.net forum is generally faster and better-informed.
>
> Pat

But not as much fun ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old June 26th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> Facebook:
> I joined Facebook and check it daily or more often, as my kid pointed
> out, Facebook is very useful for parents stalking their kids! Now that
> my family and SWMBO's family have scattered to other places, it's a
> great way to keep in touch.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

You're a modern man my friend ;-) I'm more in line with Pat on this. I don't
have time to do half what I want to in life and I don't want to spend a
whole bunch of time doing any one thing. This group has always been
interesting / entertaining (to some degree ;-) w/o requiring a bunch of time
to keep up with.

Everybody needs to feel comfortable posting anything interesting AND Miata
related. Hopefully they do.

Chris
99BBB

Old June 26th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 26.6.2010. 22:26, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Huh?! There's a new one on me! Domagoj, do what I did and put Borla
> duals and with the wonderful sound, it'll never occur to you that you

I'm all into Colin Chapmans adding lightness philosophy

> don't have BIG power! Actually, I think a good normally aspirated Miata
> is perfectly suited for going about as fast and quick as you can safely
> go on public roads.

I'd like just a bit more pep on the straights
Old June 26th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" > wrote in
message ...

> *When the demo to the sequel to this game was released for download 30% of
> the internet bandwidth during the following 24 hours was from the game
> files being transfered!

> Kind regards
> Bruno

Thanks Bruno. I don't mind saying that our 'relationship' (I tell my wife
that in my 40's I finally got my first pen-pal ;-) has been one of my
favorite things to come from the use of this group! It's been great to learn
a bit about Denmark and to discuss just about EVERYTHING, as I feel we have.
I can say the same of Pat, difference is, he and I have seen each other's
ugly mugs in person ;-)

Let's keep her going! Ya, at least as the volume has decreased, the crap and
spam hasn't hugely increased.

Later,
Chris
99BBB

Old June 27th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> On 26.6.2010. 22:26, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> Huh?! There's a new one on me! Domagoj, do what I did and put Borla
>> duals and with the wonderful sound, it'll never occur to you that you

> I'm all into Colin Chapmans adding lightness philosophy
>
>> don't have BIG power! Actually, I think a good normally aspirated Miata
>> is perfectly suited for going about as fast and quick as you can safely
>> go on public roads.

> I'd like just a bit more pep on the straights

I guess I can understand that but to me the straights are where I slow down
and cruise at 70~80 to the next curve. Just an opportunity to get a ticket
w/o the reward of the drive that the curves give you. From what I see most
people looking for big power are never satisfied. Somebody can always out
run them and it's a battle that costs allot to win ;-) Good luck in your
quest.

Chris
99BBB

Old June 27th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> to me the straights are where I slow down
> and cruise at 70~80 to the next curve. Just an opportunity to get a ticket
> w/o the reward of the drive that the curves give you.

Ditto here. I'll actually drive the speed limit down the straights.
There's no fun in going faster.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old June 27th 10, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 6/25/2010 1:51 PM, Domagoj Bagaric wrote:
> On 25.6.2010. 19:46, Chuck wrote:
>
>> Rated/calculated rear wheel HP 220. (Consistent with 1/4 mile times)

> that's double what I drive what are the 1/4 times?
>
>> Not to mention that my doctors are now frowning on my racing activities.

> give them a spin, they'll either stop or have you committed

My primary care physician is somewhat of a car nut. The cardiologist is
a non risk taker.

A "good" time is between 14 and 13.5. 14.5+ if off the line wheel spin
or hop is excessive, missed a clean gear change,etc. You get to third
gear very rapidly, then it's a bit for another gear change. Also, the
mixture was slightly richer than needed, and the retard under boost
about 2-3 Deg. more than it needed to be. Not great, and would be
better with a lot of work to the drive train, not to mention that it was
over thirty years since I ran anything on a drag strip before the 99's
runs.

Much faster ~12.5, and the strip rules imposed a hard top and or a real
roll bar. The Drag strippers do quite a bit better today, and can get
close to 300HP with a modified internals turbo'd 1.8 engine. (How long
it lasts is another story)

Drag racing is not a drive train friendly endeavor. So, other than just
seeing what the car will do, I've stuck to SCCA autocross, when I feel
like it! Actually, the lower HP helps by promoting smoothness, rather
than using sheer power in autocross. The "drifters" like the sheer power
from a turbo to help with tire trashing and smoke generation.

There is a stock V8 Camaro owner out there still wondering how a stock
looking Miata nailed him at a Camaro day on the drag strip.

We installed the turbo & stuff in a shop owned by one of the Camaro club
officers (who also owns a 93 NA, and just wanted to see what the results
were like at the strip)

Old June 27th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
>> On 26.6.2010. 22:26, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>>
>>> Huh?! There's a new one on me! Domagoj, do what I did and put Borla
>>> duals and with the wonderful sound, it'll never occur to you that you

>> I'm all into Colin Chapmans adding lightness philosophy
>>
>>> don't have BIG power! Actually, I think a good normally aspirated Miata
>>> is perfectly suited for going about as fast and quick as you can safely
>>> go on public roads.

>> I'd like just a bit more pep on the straights

> I guess I can understand that but to me the straights are where I slow
> down and cruise at 70~80 to the next curve. Just an opportunity to get a
> ticket w/o the reward of the drive that the curves give you. From what I
> see most people looking for big power are never satisfied. Somebody can
> always out run them and it's a battle that costs allot to win ;-) Good
> luck in your quest.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

A ticket, what is that?

When I got my last ticket about 6 years ago, it was through the curves,
where he said he clocked me at 62mph in a 45mph zone.
I must have slowed down a bit before I hit ran into his radar, because I
had to have been doing at least double the curve speed recommendation of
35mph.

I challenged that one in court and I kid you not, there were 13
defendants there for that traffic court session, and 12 officers did not
show up.
Mine did, and I changed my plea to a big, fat guilty, as I truly had
zero defense. The SODDI defense, "some other dude did it", was not going
to fly very far that day.

The last radar detector I owned was a passport back in the late 1980's.
I used to average one or two speeding tickets a year. Now I am at just
one ticket in over 15 years, knock on sheet metal. ;-)

Pat
Old June 27th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" > wrote
> in message ...
>

>> *When the demo to the sequel to this game was released for download
>> 30% of the internet bandwidth during the following 24 hours was from
>> the game files being transfered!

>> Kind regards
>> Bruno

> Thanks Bruno. I don't mind saying that our 'relationship' (I tell my
> wife that in my 40's I finally got my first pen-pal ;-) has been one of
> my favorite things to come from the use of this group! It's been great
> to learn a bit about Denmark and to discuss just about EVERYTHING, as I
> feel we have. I can say the same of Pat, difference is, he and I have
> seen each other's ugly mugs in person ;-)
>
> Let's keep her going! Ya, at least as the volume has decreased, the crap
> and spam hasn't hugely increased.
>
> Later,
> Chris
> 99BBB

There are some great people on here. I still want to meet up with Frank
and drive his MSM one day. Meeting some of the other "regulars" would be
cool too.

Pat

This news group still up...??? Johnny[_1_] Ford Mustang 13 October 22nd 08 12:01 PM
Kia Sportage news group george E 4x4 1 November 17th 05 05:32 AM
Mini news group Juice Technology 1 February 6th 05 10:05 PM
Is this news group functioning? GRL BMW 1 November 22nd 04 06:28 PM
is there model t news group? Lee Carkenord Antique cars 1 September 13th 03 11:56 PM