simple brake question

Old March 30th 05, 03:02 PM

Default simple brake question

92 Civic EX

My ABS light is on and by the Chilton's manual it could be any of a
number of problems. The brakes are well worn and it's time to replace
the rotors (at least). My question is: does the ABS have any sensons
that would prohibit me from doing a normal brake change (rotors, pads)?
I'd rather do the cheap stuff myself before I have to have it hooked to
a dealer computer.

Old April 1st 05, 02:09 AM
Ammonman

If one rear rotor is rusted, you either have a bad caliper or the slide pins
are seized inside the caliper frame. Check the rusty rotor. If it is just
rusted on one side, then the caliper is stuck and can not float to center
itself on the rotor and only one pad is making contact with the rotor.
Remove the pins and either clean and lube or replace. Plan on replacing the
rubber boots that go on the pins.

oups.com...