Crazy beemers

Old February 22nd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Default Crazy beemers

Dunno whats up with Ebay. All I see anywhere else is people asking more and
more for them... 4-5000 for R75's and R90's, 10k for R90S's...

On ebay, watched a really nice looking R100S go for only $2800. Then a
questionable R100/7, that the guy "fixed himself", possible serious sun rot,
"Buy this so I can go to mechanic school" and how he broke his leg, goes for
$2500. $5000 buy-it-now on a low-mile R90/6 with a dumb-looking white
Windjammer on it, openers was $3500/doesn't meet reserve, got one minimum
bid.

I guess I can see clean or low-mile bikes going for more, but this is just
all over the map. Obviously theres a cadre of people out there who thinks
they can buy an orphaned R90 for $1500, change the oil, and it will be worth
$5000. NOBODY that I've asked has owned the bike they're selling any longer
than last spring.

All I can figure is, the people that get a good one never sell them 'til
they die.

Grumpy today. See you tomorrow.

miker

Old February 22nd 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Never mind... obviously THIS went to the wrong place...

miker

Old February 22nd 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"miker" > wrote:

> NOBODY that I've asked has owned the bike they're selling any longer
> than last spring.
>
> All I can figure is, the people that get a good one never sell them 'til
> they die.

Alternatively, perhaps for many buyers even a good BMW turned out not to
be what they'd thought they'd always wanted. Same as Corvette buyers.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old February 22nd 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> Alternatively, perhaps for many buyers even a good BMW turned out not to
> be what they'd thought they'd always wanted. Same as Corvette buyers.

Quite often the sellers have 2-3 they're keeping tho. Just a lot of buy/sell
on the riff raff.

miker

Old February 22nd 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"miker" > wrote:

> Never mind... obviously THIS went to the wrong place...

Maybe not, I used the money from the sale of my 1984 R100RT to buy my
1992 Miata so doesn't that make Beemers on topic?

PS, it's nice to see someone who knows the difference between Beemers
and Bimmers!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old February 22nd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

XS11E > wrote in message
. 236...
> Maybe not, I used the money from the sale of my 1984 R100RT to buy my
> 1992 Miata so doesn't that make Beemers on topic?

Have you ridden any of the heavy-flywheel bikes ('80 and earlier I think) to
compare highway vibration to? I've been wanting to ask someone who's
experienced both.

miker

Old February 22nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"miker" > wrote:

> XS11E > wrote in message
> . 236...
>> Maybe not, I used the money from the sale of my 1984 R100RT to
>> buy my 1992 Miata so doesn't that make Beemers on topic?

> Have you ridden any of the heavy-flywheel bikes ('80 and earlier I
> think) to compare highway vibration to? I've been wanting to ask
> someone who's experienced both.

Yes, my first BMW was a 1976 R90/6, didn't have any noticible
vibration, I also had a 1977 R100S, a 1980 R100RT and the 1984 R100RT
inbetween and among a K100RT which did vibrate a little at speeds that
I won't admit to*! None of the twins did.

*You know I'm just imagining that, I'd never break a speed limit, that
would be wrong! Gotta go now, my nose is growing...

Old February 23rd 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Robert Boswell

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:27:35 -0600, "miker"
> wrote:

>Never mind... obviously THIS went to the wrong place...
>
>miker
>
>> Dunno whats up with Ebay.

I've got both !

does that make it on topic ??

Mk2.5 1.8iS & 1981 R100RS

:-)

Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> I've got both !
> does that make it on topic ??

Might as well ask... do we have a lot of riders here?

IMO the Miata is probably the best modern car available for getting close to
cycle-type fun. Just not the same view (with the low seating).

miker

Old February 23rd 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"miker" > wrote:

> Might as well ask... do we have a lot of riders here?

My wife and I used to race dirt bikes (national enduro circuit). I tried
street riding a couple of times, but sharing the road with cars was too
nerve-wracking to be fun.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

my what big tires they put on Beemers these days rob Auto Photos 8 December 24th 06 03:56 AM
Crazy... Tony Rickard Alfa Romeo 5 May 2nd 06 03:51 PM
It's A Crazy [HP] War [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 March 30th 06 04:25 AM
Nothing about Corvettes, A little about Beemers, and a lot warped. Tom in Missouri Corvette 0 March 1st 06 04:12 PM
crazy FSJ Pi-Eyed Piper Jeep 2 June 28th 05 06:11 PM