Rear window material

Old September 24th 04, 04:10 AM
Baby Grand

Default Rear window material

I want to replace the soft rear window in my 97 M. I have a shop and tools
to do it myself, but what is it? Clear Polycarbonate? Thickness is .040
inches (1 mm). Anyone have a reasonable price source for this material?
TIA

Baby Grand

Old September 25th 04, 12:26 AM
Mike

I had my clear vinyl replaced by an upholster and it cost me $30 labour and
materials. I felt I got a good deal. Of course I had to remove it from the
car! But that isn't very difficult - a dozen or so plastic plugs pop off, a
dozen or so nuts to remove the metal piece that holds everything in place
(actually three metal pieces) and then drill out about 15 rivets.
My only regret, and it's not a biggie, is I wish I could of put in a new
drip tray or whatever it's called - mine was not in the best shape - but
still good enough to do the job. Next time....

Mike

. ..