RSC-Any News?

Old December 10th 04, 11:49 PM
Michael R Sisson

In article .com>,
says...

> Not being able to post pictures/files is of course a major drawback of
> ngs.

alt.binaries.simulators.autos is still there, last I checked (5 mins
ago). It has been abandoned by those Milliken(? Alldata?) warez'rs that
completely flooded the group with the auto repair car data disks that
cost thousands of dollars for honest shops to buy.

I don't know why it isn't used more often.

Hell, I'll use it now to post my absolutely-most-positively favorite
video ever. A 'vette blasting around Road Atlanta with no commentary,
just pure unfiltered incar sound. It is aural BLISS. Turn it up. Way up.

MRSisson
--
LOAD "GPL",8,1
RUN
Old December 11th 04, 12:28 AM
Dave Erb

"Michael R Sisson" > wrote in message

> alt.binaries.simulators.autos is still there, last I checked (5 mins
> ago). It has been abandoned by those Milliken(? Alldata?) warez'rs that
> completely flooded the group with the auto repair car data disks that
> cost thousands of dollars for honest shops to buy.
>
> I don't know why it isn't used more often.

(snip)
alt.bin.sim.autos isn't much use if you're on one of the many ISP'ds that
don't carry the binary groups which are notorious storage hogs (to say
nothing of the complications of all the pron )

As others have mentioned both newsgroups and web forums have their virtues
and drawbacks. I use and appreciate both forms
DavErb

Old December 11th 04, 01:04 AM
buster

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:05:33 GMT, Phil Lee wrote:
>
>>"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
>>Thanks once again for your support.
>>
>>Phil Lee

> ach c'mon phil, t'was a joke! I should have put more smileys into the
> post I guess. Sorry if anyone felt offended.
>
> All the best & thanks for RSC, mate.
>
> Uwe

You are the 2nd stupidest person here besides Eldred
Old December 11th 04, 01:10 AM
Jan Verschueren

"buster" wrote...
>> <snip>

> You are the 2nd stupidest person here besides Eldred

2nd slowest, neither of them are any more stupid than you and I.

Jan. <vwg>
=---

Old December 11th 04, 08:42 PM
nrvsreck

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:05:33 GMT, Phil Lee wrote:
>> "Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
>> Thanks once again for your support.
>>
>> Phil Lee

> ach c'mon phil, t'was a joke! I should have put more smileys into the
> post I guess. Sorry if anyone felt offended.
>
> All the best & thanks for RSC, mate.
>
> Uwe
>

> --
> Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
> Herford, Germany \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (52.0N/8.5E)
> GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

He needs an animated " :wink: " before he figures it out. <- that's an
old-fashioned smiley btw

--
empty sig

Old December 13th 04, 09:45 PM
Goy Larsen

JP wrote:

> Yep. Problem is, most moderated forums end up having some Napoleonic
> complex minded clown being the moderator(s). Censorship is another word for
> it.

Hey, just because I lock a few threads and delete a few posts on The
Pits forums every now and then......

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy
"goyl at nettx dot no"

http://www.theuspits.com

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels........"
--Groucho Marx--
Old December 14th 04, 06:45 AM
Byron Forbes

"Goy Larsen" > wrote in message
> JP wrote:
> >

> > Yep. Problem is, most moderated forums end up having some Napoleonic
> > complex minded clown being the moderator(s). Censorship is another word

for
> > it.

> Hey, just because I lock a few threads and delete a few posts on The
> Pits forums every now and then......

LOL - I don't remember anyone mentioning the Pits Goy?