Audigy 2 ZS

Old November 16th 04, 03:40 PM
Michael Wollenschein

Default Audigy 2 ZS

Hi,

I just bought the Audigy 2 ZS.

Should I only install the drivers or should I install the whole Software
thing. Isnīt WMP 10 good enough?

---

Old November 16th 04, 03:52 PM
Dan Leach

If it was me i wouldnt install the software (because its generaly pointless)
or the drivers (because there will probably be newer ones at the creative
site)

Old November 16th 04, 04:19 PM
Trout

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:52:41 -0000, "Dan Leach"
> wrote:

>If it was me i wouldnt install the software (because its generaly pointless)
>or the drivers (because there will probably be newer ones at the creative
>site)

The stuff at the Creative website are just updates and not the full
packages. Some people just install the basic drivers off the cd then
update them at Creative's website. I install some of the other stuff
too because I actually use DVD-A.
Old November 18th 04, 01:15 AM
Don Burnette

Michael Wollenschein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought the Audigy 2 ZS.
>
> Should I only install the drivers or should I install the whole
> Software thing. Isnīt WMP 10 good enough?
>

> ---

I would install the drivers and the software. It will give you things like
speaker calibration, speaker settings, eax settings, etc etc, and allow you
to fully benefit from the Audigy2 ZS's capability.

Install from the included CD.
Then, go to Creative's website, and get the updates available for the
software you installed.
I don't use their Media Player, but I have it should I ever want - and it is
not using any resources.

The Audigy2 ZS is an awesome card, and when coupled with a good speaker
system, especially at least 4.1 or better, kicks some royal butt !

--
Don Burnette