2006 Accord VP-AT

Old December 31st 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Eric[_9_]

Default 2006 Accord VP-AT

Hi all.

Against my better judgment---I really can't afford it and there is
nothing horribly wrong with my '04 Chevy Malibu Classic---I am toying
with the idea of splurging on a new '06 Accord VP, with automaticm
tranny.

I emphasize "new" because a Honda dealer about 30 miles from me has two
'06 Accord VPs listed as new inventory, which surprised me. It seems
most folks go for the LX and disregard the entry-level VP trim. (Even
more true with the new Civic; dealers near me don't seem to even carry
the entry DX trim.)

A new Accord is at the extreme high end of my price range, but
according to Edmunds the "true market value" of a new '06 VP-AT is
slightly below invoice, at slightly over $17K. I assume that's because
it's essentially a year old, even though the '07 models do not seem to
add much if anything compared to the '06.

Anyway, does anyone have insight into how much the bottom line price
for a bare-bones '06 Accord VP-AT should be? How desperate do you think
local dealers will be to unload '06 models, now that 2007 is here? (6
hours to go, EST.)

The VP has everything I need in a car, and everything I want except for
stability control---which Honda only offers on V-6 Accords. I want my
next car to have ESC, but the only model I can afford to buy new that
has ESC is the Hyundai Sonata 4-cylinder.

The Sonata is also on my shopping list, but if I can really get a
brand-new Accord with full warranty for a shade over $17K, that might
be too good to pass up.

Anyone here drive an Accord VP?

Thanks in advance for all advice and Happy New Year,
Eric M

Old December 31st 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
xorbit

Eric wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Against my better judgment---I really can't afford it and there is
> nothing horribly wrong with my '04 Chevy Malibu Classic---I am toying
> with the idea of splurging on a new '06 Accord VP, with automaticm
> tranny.
>
> I emphasize "new" because a Honda dealer about 30 miles from me has two
> '06 Accord VPs listed as new inventory, which surprised me. It seems
> most folks go for the LX and disregard the entry-level VP trim. (Even
> more true with the new Civic; dealers near me don't seem to even carry
> the entry DX trim.)
>
> A new Accord is at the extreme high end of my price range, but
> according to Edmunds the "true market value" of a new '06 VP-AT is
> slightly below invoice, at slightly over $17K. I assume that's because
> it's essentially a year old, even though the '07 models do not seem to
> add much if anything compared to the '06.
>
> Anyway, does anyone have insight into how much the bottom line price
> for a bare-bones '06 Accord VP-AT should be? How desperate do you think
> local dealers will be to unload '06 models, now that 2007 is here? (6
> hours to go, EST.)
>
> The VP has everything I need in a car, and everything I want except for
> stability control---which Honda only offers on V-6 Accords. I want my
> next car to have ESC, but the only model I can afford to buy new that
> has ESC is the Hyundai Sonata 4-cylinder.
>
> The Sonata is also on my shopping list, but if I can really get a
> brand-new Accord with full warranty for a shade over $17K, that might
> be too good to pass up.
>
> Anyone here drive an Accord VP?
>
> Thanks in advance for all advice and Happy New Year,
> Eric M

The Accord VP is very similar to the LX. There isn't much difference at
all except for a better audio system, slightly bigger tires and some
trim. Mechanically the same. And most people appreciate the mechanics
of a Honda. So its hardly barebones.

I'd go for it, but try to work the dealer down well below invoice. They
failed to seel it during its model year, you shouldn't be holding the
bag on a one-year depreciated model. Check the used prices for a 2006
VP and work from there.

Old January 1st 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Eric wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Against my better judgment---I really can't afford it and there is
> nothing horribly wrong with my '04 Chevy Malibu Classic---I am toying
> with the idea of splurging on a new '06 Accord VP, with automaticm
> tranny.

get a 4-banger used ex that's a couple of years old. great value for
money. all the bells and whistles. outstandingly reliable. good for 2
to 3 hundred thousand miles. save your cash.
Old January 2nd 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Eric[_9_]

xorbit wrote:
> Eric wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Against my better judgment---I really can't afford it and there is
> > nothing horribly wrong with my '04 Chevy Malibu Classic---I am toying
> > with the idea of splurging on a new '06 Accord VP, with automaticm
> > tranny.
> >
> > I emphasize "new" because a Honda dealer about 30 miles from me has two
> > '06 Accord VPs listed as new inventory, which surprised me. It seems
> > most folks go for the LX and disregard the entry-level VP trim. (Even
> > more true with the new Civic; dealers near me don't seem to even carry
> > the entry DX trim.)
> >
> > A new Accord is at the extreme high end of my price range, but
> > according to Edmunds the "true market value" of a new '06 VP-AT is
> > slightly below invoice, at slightly over $17K. I assume that's because
> > it's essentially a year old, even though the '07 models do not seem to
> > add much if anything compared to the '06.
> >
> > Anyway, does anyone have insight into how much the bottom line price
> > for a bare-bones '06 Accord VP-AT should be? How desperate do you think
> > local dealers will be to unload '06 models, now that 2007 is here? (6
> > hours to go, EST.)
> >
> > The VP has everything I need in a car, and everything I want except for
> > stability control---which Honda only offers on V-6 Accords. I want my
> > next car to have ESC, but the only model I can afford to buy new that
> > has ESC is the Hyundai Sonata 4-cylinder.
> >
> > The Sonata is also on my shopping list, but if I can really get a
> > brand-new Accord with full warranty for a shade over $17K, that might
> > be too good to pass up.
> >
> > Anyone here drive an Accord VP?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all advice and Happy New Year,
> > Eric M

> The Accord VP is very similar to the LX. There isn't much difference at
> all except for a better audio system, slightly bigger tires and some
> trim. Mechanically the same. And most people appreciate the mechanics
> of a Honda. So its hardly barebones.
>
> I'd go for it, but try to work the dealer down well below invoice. They
> failed to seel it during its model year, you shouldn't be holding the
> bag on a one-year depreciated model. Check the used prices for a 2006
> VP and work from there.

Thanks for the advice. I shall try my best....ERM

Old January 2nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_17_]

Also, I have been told that no dealers carry the DX civic. That car
must be requested because its generally not too desirable not haveing a
radio and all.

--
BlackGT2000
BlackGT2000's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=336868

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old January 3rd 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

Don't get ripped off in a trade or financing. That is where most people
screw up when buying.

"Eric" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> xorbit wrote:
>> Eric wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> >
>> > Against my better judgment---I really can't afford it and there is
>> > nothing horribly wrong with my '04 Chevy Malibu Classic---I am toying
>> > with the idea of splurging on a new '06 Accord VP, with automaticm
>> > tranny.
>> >
>> > I emphasize "new" because a Honda dealer about 30 miles from me has two
>> > '06 Accord VPs listed as new inventory, which surprised me. It seems
>> > most folks go for the LX and disregard the entry-level VP trim. (Even
>> > more true with the new Civic; dealers near me don't seem to even carry
>> > the entry DX trim.)
>> >
>> > A new Accord is at the extreme high end of my price range, but
>> > according to Edmunds the "true market value" of a new '06 VP-AT is
>> > slightly below invoice, at slightly over $17K. I assume that's because
>> > it's essentially a year old, even though the '07 models do not seem to
>> > add much if anything compared to the '06.
>> >
>> > Anyway, does anyone have insight into how much the bottom line price
>> > for a bare-bones '06 Accord VP-AT should be? How desperate do you think
>> > local dealers will be to unload '06 models, now that 2007 is here? (6
>> > hours to go, EST.)
>> >
>> > The VP has everything I need in a car, and everything I want except for
>> > stability control---which Honda only offers on V-6 Accords. I want my
>> > next car to have ESC, but the only model I can afford to buy new that
>> > has ESC is the Hyundai Sonata 4-cylinder.
>> >
>> > The Sonata is also on my shopping list, but if I can really get a
>> > brand-new Accord with full warranty for a shade over $17K, that might
>> > be too good to pass up.
>> >
>> > Anyone here drive an Accord VP?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for all advice and Happy New Year,
>> > Eric M

>> The Accord VP is very similar to the LX. There isn't much difference at
>> all except for a better audio system, slightly bigger tires and some
>> trim. Mechanically the same. And most people appreciate the mechanics
>> of a Honda. So its hardly barebones.
>>
>> I'd go for it, but try to work the dealer down well below invoice. They
>> failed to seel it during its model year, you shouldn't be holding the
>> bag on a one-year depreciated model. Check the used prices for a 2006
>> VP and work from there.

> Thanks for the advice. I shall try my best....ERM

OEM Honda Parts catalogs for sale Joe[_4_] Honda 0 August 27th 06 01:26 PM
2006 Accord EX V-6 Corky Honda 23 February 10th 06 11:21 PM
Pricing question on 2006 Accord Sedan 6 speed [email protected] Honda 8 October 6th 05 05:45 PM
New 2006 Accord VP beetlejuice Honda 9 September 27th 05 06:25 AM