94 Accord - tires?

Old December 16th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
George[_11_]

Default 94 Accord - tires?

Peabody wrote:

> I have a whopping 54K miles on my 94 Accord LX, and it's finally
> time to change the tires. And by the way, isn't 54K miles
> reasonably good for original equipment tires? They are Michelin XGT
> 4, and have treadwear rating of 320.

About 1.5 years ago I put a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S tires on my
95 VTEC Del Sol. For my needs, they are the best tire I've even had on
that car and possibly the best tire I recall having on any car.

I can't speak much to road noise because the car in general is pretty
noisy on the highway and I rarely take it out of town anyway. But it's
dry traction is good and wet traction as well... I can blow through deep
puddles without feeling like my car is going to get yanked off the road.
I am in TN and like you snow is so rare as to not even be a factor.

I also can't speak to mileage yet because I have a really short drive to
work and so don't accumulate miles fast enough to know yet.

> Yoko Avid T4 S308 BL $84.50 each installed

I previously had some Yoko Avids of some model on the same car and they
just beat me nearly to death. Just hard as rocks and not very good in
the wet.

> Those prices include $9.15/$9.00 road hazard, which I may decline.

I can't now recall what I paid for them. They weren't cheap but also not
really pricey either... may have been in the $60-80 range each. I
bought them through NTB locally but they were not stock items so I had
to get them to order them for me. (took less than a work week)

94 Accord - tires? ACAR Honda 22 December 22nd 06 04:47 PM
OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe[_4_] Honda 0 July 31st 06 11:00 PM
OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 0 March 26th 06 12:59 AM
Burning Rubber Gets Expensive MrPepper11 Driving 16 April 29th 05 12:26 AM
Burning Rubber Gets Expensive MrPepper11 General 15 April 28th 05 01:25 PM