Odometer on 92 Lebaron

Old March 17th 05, 09:39 AM
maxpower

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:
>
> > Dan, It is the 4 speed (P R N D 3 L). Where is this item located???

> Urgh...trying to work on your own car without a Factory Service Manual...?

And now we go back to where I made a mistake by saying that Laser with had
a distributor.
> Urgh...trying to work on your own car without a Factory Service

Manual...?
It doesn't hurt to be wrong Daniel, people do make mistakes, and I wont harp
on your mistakes as you do mine

Old March 17th 05, 12:43 PM
Bob Hewitt

Dan, I won't do the work!! Just want to be a little smarter today
over yesterday. Thanks
Bob

Old March 18th 05, 03:07 AM
Bob Hewitt

One more question. Does the 92 have the VSS or OSS???

Old March 18th 05, 10:48 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:

> One more question. Does the 92 have the VSS or OSS???

Right, sorry -- your '92 has both an OSS and a VSS. The VSS is your
probable fault.

DS
Old March 22nd 05, 10:35 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:05:30 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>shifting irregularities. I only have one car that came with a 4-speed
>auto, which has since been removed -- together with the 3.0 litre V6 --
>and replaced with something a great deal more robust and fun.

Sounds interesting.
Tell us more, Daniel.

Thanks.

Old March 28th 05, 03:48 AM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:56:21 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>Making a '92 Spirit R/T clone based around a built-up 2.5 turbo
>(intercooled).

Sounds good.
And it's good to see a good car which came with a
bad engine and trans saved.
Hmm, does the Turbo and V6 emblem have the
same mounting holes. That would be too sensible.

Thanks, Daniel!

Old March 28th 05, 06:29 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 wrote:

> >Making a '92 Spirit R/T clone based around a built-up 2.5 turbo
> >(intercooled).

> Sounds good.

It will be.

> And it's good to see a good car which came with a bad engine and trans
> saved.

Yep. That said, I flew to NC, took a long cab ride to Yadkinville (
http://www.yadkinville.org/ , "a town in progress"), bought the car--
think it had about 60k miles on it or so -- stopped a few miles down the
road at an auto parts store for an air filter, a crankcase breather filter
and a set of wiper blades, tossed those items in, pointed the car
Westward, and stopped only to eat and sleep until I got to Ventura, CA.
The 3.0 and 604 worked flawlessly and returned 27mpg.

> Hmm, does the Turbo and V6 emblem have the same mounting holes. That
> would be too sensible.

The "V6" emblem in '92 is a sticker, not the earlier emblem. It will be
replaced not with a "Turbo" emblem (it's no casual observer's business
that the car's turbocharged), but with the Mexican-market fender emblem
that was never used in the US, see
http://u225.torque.net/cars/mexpirit.html

DS

Old April 8th 05, 04:31 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:29:17 GMT, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>The 3.0 and 604 worked flawlessly and returned 27mpg.

You're lucky you didn't have to, er, shift into a car hauler.

>replaced not with a "Turbo" emblem (it's no casual observer's business
>that the car's turbocharged), but with the Mexican-market fender emblem
>that was never used in the US, see
>http://u225.torque.net/cars/mexpirit.html

Wow, interesting link, and more links there.
Thanks!
Imagine how much fuel use and pollution would have
decreased in the US, if MPI would have been used more in
the US.
I used to see about a 94 Spirit (Dodge) FFV, I suppose
that was a US car.

Old April 8th 05, 08:17 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 wrote:

http://u225.torque.net/cars/mexpirit.html

> Wow, interesting link, and more links there.
> Thanks!

Shyer

> Imagine how much fuel use and pollution would have decreased in the US,
> if MPI would have been used more in the US.

Yeah, it's just another example of the US auto industry being stupid.
Chrysler in this case, but Ford and GM have made plenty of identically
dumb decisions. The MPFI 2.2 and 2.5 are just much better-running engines
than the wheezy TBI version used in the US and Europe.

> I used to see about a 94 Spirit (Dodge) FFV, I suppose that was a US
> car.

Yep. With all kinds of fuel system materials upgrades, most of which are
going into my '92.

DS

fuel gauge and odometer problem on 95M3 David BMW 1 March 6th 05 05:56 AM
I think My car's odometer is screwed up [email protected] Honda 2 January 23rd 05 05:21 AM
88 LeBaron vs 98 Camry Ken Chrysler 14 November 2nd 04 12:00 AM
Odometer Repairs eddy eagle General 0 August 5th 04 10:50 AM