1995 New Yorker rear brake grind

Old October 31st 04, 01:24 AM
Chico

Default 1995 New Yorker rear brake grind

Hello All.
I have a 95 NYer with about 173,000 miles (about 45,000 on new pads and
rotors), and a weird problem. When I am slowing to a stop, the rear brakes
sound like I'm on the rivets only when the trans finally goes to first
gear. I haven't noticed it though in low speed stop where the trans doesn't
need to downshift.
I intend to pull the rear wheels and inspect the pads and rotors. Is there
anything else I should look at in lieu of this noise? Is this a normal
problem?
Also, any rotor brand recommendations? After replacement at the dealer, the
front would shimmy while slowing down past 40 mph. The dealer said to see
if they wear in OK. They didn't. I took it back after 1 month and they
replaced them again. Same problem. I decided to live with it. I replacement
the wheel bearing assembly on the left, and lower ball joint on the right,
which helped some. I'd heard that Chrysler stock rotors are cr@p.

Thanks

Chico

Old October 31st 04, 05:13 AM
Art

My dealer did brakes on my 94 LHS when I had it and recently on my 99 300M.
Turned rotors on both cars and there were no vibrations at the pedal
thereafter. I asked about new rotors but dealer said mine were thick enuf
to turn.

Old October 31st 04, 05:13 AM
Art