Audi A4 Doesnt start !!

Old February 28th 06, 04:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi A4 Doesnt start !!

I got up this morning and tried to start my 2000 Audi A4 but the car
just wont start .. it was working perfectly for 2 years that i've had
it no problems what so ever .. but suddenly i cant even get the engine
to crank ..
the mechanic i took the car to cannot pin poing the problem .. he says
that the battery , starter, ignition system is ok .. he;ll be checking
the electronic system and security system next ..
my guess is that it was snowing last night and maybe the alarm went off
and since i didnt attend it for a long time some how the security
system shut off the car completely ..
does anyone know how i can reset the car .. is it simple enough that
any mechanic can do it or do i have to take it to an authorized dealer
please help ..... i love my audi and cant see it in pain ..
mav

Old February 28th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Where ya goin' with that gun, mav?
It sounds like the security system if it doesn't even turn over - there's a
security relay in the starter circuit that the security system breaks if
it's tripped.
At least that's the way it's done with the later Type 44's....
In the meantime, don't shoot the horse......
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

oups.com...

Old February 28th 06, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I feel for you on this one. I'd suggest calling your nearest Audi
dealer (even if it's far away) and present the question to them, they
will likely know much better than a good 'ol town mechanic. =) ther'es
a lot of specifics to these cars. I'm finding this out myself, (like
having to drive 300 miles to get an alignment) =o

Audi questions from a perspective buyer K. Daver Audi 22 March 13th 05 12:44 PM
Leased A Lemon Audi A6? Richard Periut Audi 0 February 1st 05 02:59 AM
ION wont start when cold Christieann Saturn 10 January 27th 05 02:31 AM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 December 18th 04 08:28 AM
Audi tt coupe 1.8L 225HP Question. sams General 1 December 17th 04 04:47 AM