2002 Passat digital info window

Old March 12th 05, 09:25 PM
Rich

Default 2002 Passat digital info window

The dots on the info window start to din from the top down. Not
completely, but about the top 10 percent of the digits start to...
fade. Kind of like a half circle descending on it. It's hard to
discribe. This is the info window that shows MPG, Miles to refuel,
etc..

Anyone else seen this? It doesn't happen often (about 4 times now in
four months).

Thanks,
Rich

Old March 13th 05, 11:46 AM
Tim Burr

Rich wrote:
> The dots on the info window start to din from the top down. Not
> completely, but about the top 10 percent of the digits start to...
> fade. Kind of like a half circle descending on it. It's hard to
> discribe. This is the info window that shows MPG, Miles to refuel,
> etc..
>
> Anyone else seen this? It doesn't happen often (about 4 times now in
> four months).
>
> Thanks,
> Rich

I haven't had any dimming issues with my 02 Passat. The only complaint I
have is the Miles to refuel isn't very accurate.. Unless your over the
mileage the car should still be covered under warranty..