New GT pictures added

Old March 9th 05, 12:58 AM
John H

Default New GT pictures added

Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in the
background.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

Don't look at the fishing pics!

John H

Old March 9th 05, 02:00 AM
CobraJet

In article >, John H
> wrote:

> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in
> the
> background.
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end of
these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the body
color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights and maybe
something down below.

Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road. I
still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> Don't look at the fishing pics!

Did you catch a Barracuda? Marlin? Stingray?

--
CobraJet
Old March 9th 05, 03:07 AM
Scotter

What did they do with cruise control? I really like having that on my wheel.

--
Scotter
96 GT Vert

Old March 9th 05, 04:19 AM
66 6F HCS

"CobraJet" > wrote
>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS 289

Old March 9th 05, 04:29 AM
Wound Up

66 6F HCS wrote:
> "CobraJet" > wrote
>
>>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

<g>

And you'd think that would have been obvious.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 9th 05, 04:45 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Joe
> wrote:

> CobraJet > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >, John H
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some
> >> white in the
> >> background.
> >>
> >> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

> > I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end
> > of
> > these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the
> > body color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights
> > and maybe something down below.

> Agreed. But I have to admit, it looks pretty good in yellow.

Yeah, yellow's a happenin' thing. Very similar to the 1970 D-code
Competition Yellow which my Torino GT is supposed to be.

> > Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
> > leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road.
> > I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the
> > glass.

> They're magnetic.

Good reason. No wonder I get a headache in the Walmart parking lot,
what with the plate in my head. Still leaves a ghost, though. At least
you can move them around.

You see AMT's Corvair re-issue?

Old March 9th 05, 04:48 AM
Scott Van Nest

From looking at your last pic of the hood. That thing could really use a 1
or 2 inch cowl. even if just for looks.

Scott

Old March 9th 05, 04:51 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Wound Up
> wrote:

> 66 6F HCS wrote:
> > "CobraJet" > wrote
> >
> >>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> > Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

> <g>
>
> And you'd think that would have been obvious.

Well, think about it. I've never seen them for sale (not that I
look for stuff like that). I've never gone up and picked at someone's
ribbon with my fingernail. I don't pay attention to sticker tech in the
new millenium. ****.

Oh well, I guess this cancels out the 5 or 6 thousand cars I've
worked on in my life.

--
CobraJet
Old March 9th 05, 05:15 AM
Wound Up

CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Wound Up
> > wrote:
>

>>66 6F HCS wrote:
>>
>>>"CobraJet" > wrote

>>>Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

>><g>
>>
>>And you'd think that would have been obvious.

> Well, think about it. I've never seen them for sale (not that I
> look for stuff like that). I've never gone up and picked at someone's
> ribbon with my fingernail. I don't pay attention to sticker tech in the
> new millenium. ****.
>
> Oh well, I guess this cancels out the 5 or 6 thousand cars I've
> worked on in my life.

Not at all. #57's comment was just funny.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 9th 05, 11:56 AM
John H

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:00:35 -0700, CobraJet > wrote:

>In article >, John H
> wrote:
>
>> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in
>> the
>> background.
>>
>> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

> I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end of
>these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the body
>color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights and maybe
>something down below.
>
> Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
>leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road. I
>still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.
>

>> Don't look at the fishing pics!

> Did you catch a Barracuda? Marlin? Stingray?
>

>> John H
>>
>> "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

Thanks for the ghost image tip. The sticker is gone!

Most of the fish are rockfish from the Chesapeake Bay. Also called Striped Bass,
or 'stripers'.
John H

Taking pictures of a cylinder without removing the head? Dennis Technology 3 February 6th 05 01:30 PM
Essen Motorshow 2004 - pictures Bert Kanters Alfa Romeo 3 December 1st 04 03:32 PM
Alfa GT Pictures PhilipS Alfa Romeo 6 August 13th 04 09:30 AM
Old Car Pictures Jack Ferman Antique cars 5 November 19th 03 08:38 AM