Wiring Diagrams online?

Old November 1st 04, 11:52 AM
Bill Putney

BeeP wrote:
> Darn spell check! I meant "inconvenience" of spam..... !
> Bob

Heh! I thought "incontinence" fit very well.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 1st 04, 08:39 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...

www.alldata.com. For $25 (1-year subscription) you
>get on-line access to the stuff (including schematics) right out of the
>FSM, and also the full TSB's for your vehicle. ($15 for additonal
>vehicles and annual renewals).
>
>I assume it goes back to 86/86 - but you'll have to check.

You might also check to see if your local library has a subscription to
the service. One of the libraries near me lists Alldata as a service they
have available. I'm going to pay them a visit this week.
--------------
Alex

Old November 1st 04, 08:39 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...

Old November 1st 04, 09:17 PM
Hmmm...

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> BeeP wrote:
> > Are there any Internet sources for chassis wiring diagrams, dash
> > harness color codes, accessories, lights, etc?
> > Looking for Voyager/Caravan 85-86 timeframe.
> > TIA
> > Bob

> get on-line access to the stuff (including schematics) right out of the
> FSM, and also the full TSB's for your vehicle. ($15 for additonal
> vehicles and annual renewals).
>
> I assume it goes back to 86/86 - but you'll have to check.
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

I've used alldata for several years and for the most part have been pleased
with it. However, just last weekend I went there to verify the connections
between plugs and the coil pack. Much to my surprise the information was
wrong. Luckily I had made a note of the way the old connections were made.

Old November 1st 04, 09:17 PM
Hmmm...

Old November 2nd 04, 02:48 AM
Bill Putney

Hmmm... wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>
>>BeeP wrote:
>>
>>>Are there any Internet sources for chassis wiring diagrams, dash
>>>harness color codes, accessories, lights, etc?
>>>Looking for Voyager/Caravan 85-86 timeframe.
>>>TIA
>>>Bob

>>get on-line access to the stuff (including schematics) right out of the
>>FSM, and also the full TSB's for your vehicle. ($15 for additonal
>>vehicles and annual renewals).
>>
>>I assume it goes back to 86/86 - but you'll have to check.
>>
>>Bill Putney
>>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>adddress with the letter 'x')
>>

> I've used alldata for several years and for the most part have been pleased
> with it. However, just last weekend I went there to verify the connections
> between plugs and the coil pack. Much to my surprise the information was
> wrong. Luckily I had made a note of the way the old connections were made.

Unless my understanding is wrong, the only way their info. would be
wrong is if the FSM is wrong because the stuff on alldata is copied -
not re-writeen, re-typed, or reformated - but taken directly
word-for-word, figure-for-figure out of the FSM.

(I will say that I took the bait on the CD-ROM manuals that
alldata/popular mechanics used to market about 10 or so years ago, and
they were fraudulently awful - worse than any hardcopy aftermarket
manual I've ever seen. However they apparently cleaned up their act
with the on-line subscription stuff. I don't know if they still sell
the CD's. If so, I hope it's just a copy of the on-line info. and that
they got out of the con business.)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 2nd 04, 02:48 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 2nd 04, 10:48 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Hmmm..." > wrote in message

> I've used alldata for several years and for the most part have been

pleased
> with it. However, just last weekend I went there to verify the

connections
> between plugs and the coil pack. Much to my surprise the information was
> wrong. Luckily I had made a note of the way the old connections were

made.

Did you let them know about it so they can fix their data?

Ted

Old November 2nd 04, 10:48 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old November 2nd 04, 11:14 AM
Hmmm...

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message

> "Hmmm..." > wrote in message
> >
> > I've used alldata for several years and for the most part have been

> pleased
> > with it. However, just last weekend I went there to verify the

> connections
> > between plugs and the coil pack. Much to my surprise the information

was
> > wrong. Luckily I had made a note of the way the old connections were

> made.
> >

> Did you let them know about it so they can fix their data?
>
> Ted

Yes, I notified them. FWIW, they have a diagram in the firing order section
that shows the coil pack upside down. Also, in the ignition cable section
they say "A grooved tray routes the cables from the coil to each cylinder.
The cables for the even number cylinders run along the bottom of the tray.
Cables for the odd number cylinders run along the top of the tray." Their
firing order diagram shows the even cylinders on the driver side of the
engine, and the odd cylinders on the passenger side. If that is the case
their statement about the grooved tray is backwards. The cables for the odd
cylinders run along the bottom of the tray, and the cables for the even
cylinders run along the top of the tray.