June is Lane Courtesy Month

Old June 2nd 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default June is Lane Courtesy Month

Moving over or yielding to faster traffic is an important, but often
forgotten, concept. In order to promote this basic driving rule, which
is commonly referred to as ³lane courtesy, the National Motorists
Association has designated June as Lane Courtesy Month.

Practicing Lane Courtesy has many benefits. First of all, lane courtesy
makes our roads safer. The simple act of moving over for faster traffic
smoothes the flow of traffic, which reduces congestion, tailgating,
dangerous passes, and erratic speed fluctuations.

Lane courtesy also reduces ³road rage. The failure of slower traffic to
yield can make driving irritating. By practicing lane courtesy, our
time behind the wheel becomes more enjoyable and motorists are less
likely to engage in aggressive behaviors brought on by frustration.

Given the high price of gas, itıs also worth mentioning that lane
courtesy can improve gas mileage. Vehicles consume more fuel when they
accelerate than when they maintain a consistent speed. When motorists
have to brake and maneuver around a driver blocking the left lane, they
waste time, gas, and money!

Each year, billions of dollars are spent to enforce speed limits and
seatbelt laws, but very few people even know about lane courtesy laws.
The law requires that vehicles drive in the right lane unless they are
passing or turning left.

³This law was designed to benefit motorists, but itıs almost never
enforced, said Ivan Sever, the NMAıs Massachusetts State Chapter
Coordinator. ³Lane courtesy is worthy of as much attention as other
traffic laws, if not more.

Increased public awareness about this issue coupled with simple changes
in driving behavior can have a major impact. ³Lane Courtesy takes some
effort, but itıs worth it, said Eric Skrum, NMA Communications Director.
³If every motorists do their part, driving would be more fun, our roads
would be safer, and we could even save money on gas. For more
information about the concept of lane courtesy and its many benefits,
visit www.lanecourtesy.org.

The National Motorists Association (NMA) was established in 1982 to
represent the interests and rights of North American motorists. It is a
grassroots organization that operates at the national level and through
a system of state chapters. The NMA is entirely supported through the
contributions of individuals, families, and small businesses. To find
out more about the NMA and its activities, visit www.motorists.org.

- END -
Old June 2nd 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:43:54 -0400, Ivan > wrote:

<<SNIP>>

> Moving over for faster traffic only applies if you are doing LESS than
> the speed limit. As long as you're doing the SL, you sit wherever you
> want. In fact speed limit drivers are encouraged to stay in the left
> lane to force the deadly speeders to slow down and thereby reduce the
> chances of a speeder killing someone.

Once again you demonstrate that you are in capable of understanding the
English language.

Nothing in the OP mentioned what people HAD to do, but rather what is
courteous. I know that is an alien concept for you but you might try
wrapping your miniscule brain around the idea.

Old June 2nd 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jeff wrote:
> "laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:43:54 -0400, Ivan > wrote:

> <<SNIP>>
>
> > Moving over for faster traffic only applies if you are doing LESS than
> > the speed limit. As long as you're doing the SL, you sit wherever you
> > want. In fact speed limit drivers are encouraged to stay in the left
> > lane to force the deadly speeders to slow down and thereby reduce the
> > chances of a speeder killing someone.

> Once again you demonstrate that you are in capable of understanding the
> English language.
>
> Nothing in the OP mentioned what people HAD to do, but rather what is
> courteous. I know that is an alien concept for you but you might try
> wrapping your miniscule brain around the idea.

Well, it's also required by law in many states and also in some foreign
countries as well. So it is not only courteous but may very well be
required, depending on where troll being lives.

I believe that troll being has been traced to Colorado, in which case
it is required there.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/co-42-4-1013.html

nate

Old June 3rd 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jeff wrote:

> Nothing in the OP mentioned what people HAD to do, but rather what is
> courteous. I know that is an alien concept for you but you might try
> wrapping your miniscule brain around the idea.

The only wrapping that would serve any use to Loca Laura's brain would be around
a lamppost.

Graham

Old June 3rd 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Around 6/3/2006 8:31 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2006 06:39:57 -0700, "Captain Cab" > wrote:
>
>> If I see you blocking the passing lane with your ****box I will pass
>> you on the right and throw anything I can find on the floor of my car
>> at you while I pass you giving you the one finger salute you whore!!!!

> In which case i will be legally justified to shoot you.

If that were true (and it isn't), don't be surprised if you get a bullet
in the head the next time you throw some marbles or coins at someone
else's windshield.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old June 3rd 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
> On 3 Jun 2006 06:39:57 -0700, "Captain Cab" > wrote:
>

>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>>> On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:43:54 -0400, Ivan > wrote:

>>> Moving over for faster traffic only applies if you are doing LESS than
>>> the speed limit. As long as you're doing the SL, you sit wherever you
>>> want. In fact speed limit drivers are encouraged to stay in the left
>>> lane to force the deadly speeders to slow down and thereby reduce the
>>> chances of a speeder killing someone.

>>If I see you blocking the passing lane with your ****box I will pass
>>you on the right and throw anything I can find on the floor of my car
>>at you while I pass you giving you the one finger salute you whore!!!!

> In which case i will be legally justified to shoot you.

But this is the same action you advocate for people who do not drive as you
wish, does that mean the tailgaters get to shoot you?

Once again you fail logic.

And will you for Gods sake please stop cross posting you ignorant loon

Old June 3rd 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:44:38 +0100, Pooh Bear
> > wrote:
>

>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>>
>>> Moving over for faster traffic only applies if you are doing LESS than
>>> the speed limit. As long as you're doing the SL, you sit wherever you
>>> want.

>>Like everything you post this is plain wrong. In fact it may indeed be an
>>offence to do this is some legislatures.
>>
>>Graham

> Legislatures??? You illiterate moron.

Once again you pillory people for the same thing you do frequently.

Old June 4th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Captain Cab said in rec.autos.driving:
> If I see you blocking the passing lane with your ****box I will pass
> you on the right and throw anything I can find on the floor of my car
> at you while I pass you giving you the one finger salute you whore!!!!

I recommend roofing nails. After they puncture the sand paper on Loco
Laura's "tars," (Loco Laura's onwn words) maybe if we are lucky, the
nails will make their way through and also damage the rims.

> Keep up the good work **** bucket.

Good one! I'll have to keep that one in mind!

--
"My tars have been bald for two years.
Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and

--Laura Buch murdered her boyfriend
/ laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE 10/25/05

Message ID:
http://tinyurl.com/7p7xq
Old June 4th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> jaybird said in rec.autos.driving:
> For once, I'd have to agree with you. There is no law requiring you to
> "accomodate criminal speeders". There is, however, a law in Texas which
> states that you cannot drive in the left lane of a roadway marked for two or
> more lanes of traffic in the same direction unless you are passing or
> preparing to make a left turn.

Not questioning your word, but could you cite that law for us?

> There is nothing that you can do to stop them here,

There is nothing that Loco Laura can do *legally* to stop them. As we
have seen here, Loco Laura is perfectly willing to break the law when it
sees fit.

> unless you are a Peace Officer as defined by Texas law.

I would certainly hope that the standards to become a Peace Officer in
TX are sufficiently high that Loco Laura will never qualify to become
one...

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits to driving an unsafe
vehicle and driving distracted like someone on a cell phone:

"My dash lights burned out years ago. Just
keep a cheapie flashlight on the seat."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 12 Nov 2005 18:11:38 -0800
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/akxtu
Message ID: . com
Old June 5th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"necromancer" > wrote
>> jaybird said in rec.autos.driving:
>> For once, I'd have to agree with you. There is no law requiring you to
>> "accomodate criminal speeders". There is, however, a law in Texas which
>> states that you cannot drive in the left lane of a roadway marked for two
>> or
>> more lanes of traffic in the same direction unless you are passing or
>> preparing to make a left turn.

> Not questioning your word, but could you cite that law for us?

I believe that Texas is similar to WA State:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.100

FloydR

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
Lane Inertia Larry Scholnick Driving 2 February 14th 06 03:11 AM
This is what being an LLB gets you... necromancer Driving 72 November 30th 05 03:20 AM
Merging redux (onramp, lane reduction, junction) Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 35 October 25th 05 04:14 AM
critique my freeway driving habits Usual Suspect Driving 120 February 17th 05 01:54 AM