Problems 86 integra

Old November 9th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Problems 86 integra

i have a 86 acura integra i just put in a new clutch and trans...A
couple days later a friend drove my car to another town 1hr away on
the way there and back he drove 100mph when he got back the car
started smoking a bit there was alot of oil in the exaust im shure its
the oil pan gasket it been leakin when i went to restart it it was not
running right its puttin like its about to die and i drove it a block
and it felt like it had no power the was running rough and the engine
would shake a bit like it was going to stall......um im not shure
whats going on just looking for suggestions....please help

Old November 9th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

> You need major help with your spelling and punctuation.
>
> Sounds like somebody let the engine run low on oil and the engine is now
> pooched.

And with your choice of friends!!

Dan D
'07 Ody EX
Central NJ USA

Old November 9th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

motsco_ > wrote in
:

> wrote:
>> i have a 86 acura integra i just put in a new clutch and trans...A
>> couple days later a friend drove my car to another town 1hr away on
>> the way there and back he drove 100mph when he got back the car
>> started smoking a bit there was alot of oil in the exaust im shure its
>> the oil pan gasket it been leakin when i went to restart it it was not
>> running right its puttin like its about to die and i drove it a block
>> and it felt like it had no power the was running rough and the engine
>> would shake a bit like it was going to stall......um im not shure
>> whats going on just looking for suggestions....please help
>>

> --------------------------
>
> Check the oil, check the coolant in both locations. Report back. My
> guess is low coolant which resulted in a cracked head.

Yeah, that too. He could have overheated it and kept driving.

Just last week I stopped to help this girl in an early-'90s Pontiac
(Bonneville?). She had overheated it and just kept on going, hoping the car
would make it home. But it began to make very loud, very bad-sounding
noises, which prompted her to stop for good. The engine did not again
respond to the starter after it was switched off.

I found a mile-long trail of her coolant on the road behind the car. The
traces showed she had pulled over once, then continued driving until where
I finally found her at the side of the road.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

95 Integra oil leak Nick Honda 3 November 8th 06 11:51 PM
cooling problems on 87 integra 5 door hatch 1.6 twin ohc carburettor grayj Honda 1 June 25th 06 04:43 AM
will a 98 integra front bumper fit on a 96 integra? [email protected] Honda 0 February 17th 06 09:46 PM
94 integra INTEGRA94RS Honda 3 November 28th 05 03:41 AM
Integra 91 A/C TeGGeR® Honda 6 May 14th 05 07:29 PM