Body Work by Bambi

Old January 2nd 05, 03:21 AM
Jeepster

Default Body Work by Bambi

Two days ago I was heading home from a long nightshift when it finally
happened.... a full sized buck runs out and I nail him doing 110 km/h
I have had several close calls this year all of which I was able to
avoid but this time I didn't have a chance and either did the deer.
It's a good thing I only caught him with the right hand bumper and
fender or else I might have ended up in the ditch. The worst thing is
I just had this Jeep's body totally redone and painted in August, but
I guess every cloud has it's silver lining.

1.) I survived
2.) I get my flattie fenders
>>> After factory body job http://clubweb.interbaun.com/kb57/jeep/Jeep.htm
>>> After deer body job http://clubweb.interbaun.com/kb57/jeep/deer.htm

I decided if it's going back into the body shop I might as well chop
off the other fender and give it that flattie look...... the fronts
were already getting beat up by stone chips anyways.
(new fender on order but for now the sawzall has made things look half
decent)
Old January 3rd 05, 10:45 AM
Old Crow

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:21:34 -0700, Jeepster >
wrote:

>Two days ago I was heading home from a long nightshift when it finally
>happened.... a full sized buck runs out and I nail him doing 110 km/h
>I have had several close calls this year all of which I was able to
>avoid but this time I didn't have a chance and either did the deer.
>It's a good thing I only caught him with the right hand bumper and
>fender or else I might have ended up in the ditch. The worst thing is
>I just had this Jeep's body totally redone and painted in August, but
>I guess every cloud has it's silver lining.
>
>1.) I survived
>2.) I get my flattie fenders

>I decided if it's going back into the body shop I might as well chop
>off the other fender and give it that flattie look...... the fronts
>were already getting beat up by stone chips anyways.
>(new fender on order but for now the sawzall has made things look half
>decent)

Heck, you're lucky. When I hit the 6 pointer back in Oct., not only
did both fenders look like yours, but the grille was smashed,
passenger side headlight broken and all the marker light bulbs blew
out(?). got it straightened out, but I now need one of those chrome
grille covers to really make it look right.
--
Old Crow
'82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl'
Old January 5th 05, 04:09 AM
Jeepster

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:45:40 -0600, Old Crow >
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:21:34 -0700, Jeepster >
>wrote:
>
>>Two days ago I was heading home from a long nightshift when it finally
>>happened.... a full sized buck runs out and I nail him doing 110 km/h
>>I have had several close calls this year all of which I was able to
>>avoid but this time I didn't have a chance and either did the deer.
>>It's a good thing I only caught him with the right hand bumper and
>>fender or else I might have ended up in the ditch. The worst thing is
>>I just had this Jeep's body totally redone and painted in August, but
>>I guess every cloud has it's silver lining.
>>
>>1.) I survived
>>2.) I get my flattie fenders

>>I decided if it's going back into the body shop I might as well chop
>>off the other fender and give it that flattie look...... the fronts
>>were already getting beat up by stone chips anyways.
>>(new fender on order but for now the sawzall has made things look half
>>decent)

>Heck, you're lucky. When I hit the 6 pointer back in Oct., not only
>did both fenders look like yours, but the grille was smashed,
>passenger side headlight broken and all the marker light bulbs blew
>out(?). got it straightened out, but I now need one of those chrome
>grille covers to really make it look right.

I got lucky and I know it ..... if I would have caught it square on I
could have been looking at a lot more damage if not bodily harm. My
sister hit a deer many years ago and it pushed the windshield into her
lap, fortuanatly she was only shook up a bit. ( I'm glad I was driving
a Jeep and not a Honda Civic )

Old January 6th 05, 11:02 AM
Old Crow

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:09:14 -0700, Jeepster >
wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:45:40 -0600, Old Crow >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:21:34 -0700, Jeepster >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Two days ago I was heading home from a long nightshift when it finally
>>>happened.... a full sized buck runs out and I nail him doing 110 km/h
>>>I have had several close calls this year all of which I was able to
>>>avoid but this time I didn't have a chance and either did the deer.
>>>It's a good thing I only caught him with the right hand bumper and
>>>fender or else I might have ended up in the ditch. The worst thing is
>>>I just had this Jeep's body totally redone and painted in August, but
>>>I guess every cloud has it's silver lining.
>>>
>>>1.) I survived
>>>2.) I get my flattie fenders
>>>
>>>I decided if it's going back into the body shop I might as well chop
>>>off the other fender and give it that flattie look...... the fronts
>>>were already getting beat up by stone chips anyways.
>>>(new fender on order but for now the sawzall has made things look half
>>>decent)

>>Heck, you're lucky. When I hit the 6 pointer back in Oct., not only
>>did both fenders look like yours, but the grille was smashed,
>>passenger side headlight broken and all the marker light bulbs blew
>>out(?). got it straightened out, but I now need one of those chrome
>>grille covers to really make it look right.

>I got lucky and I know it ..... if I would have caught it square on I
>could have been looking at a lot more damage if not bodily harm. My
>sister hit a deer many years ago and it pushed the windshield into her
>lap, fortuanatly she was only shook up a bit. ( I'm glad I was driving
>a Jeep and not a Honda Civic )

My kid hit one at about 50mph in his Mitsi Eclipse. Damn thing slid
right over the top of the car, leaving not so much as a scratch...go
figure.