U joints.

Old February 2nd 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Highcountry

Default U joints.

Jeeps once were a wonderful product, darned shame what they have done
to latest editions. Now they want to be like everyone else and throw
away what made a Jeep a Jeep!

Old February 2nd 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
merrill

On Feb 2, 10:27 am, "Greg" > wrote:
> When I went to Canadian Tire for my first U joint, computer said, " fits
> jeep, 1946 to 2001" they were looking under 81 CJ7 so don't know if that
> goes for the bigger jeeps or not, thought it was funny though. But I do know
> 81 CJ, 88 and 95 all use the same driveshaft U joints.
>
> "Carl S" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>

> >I do not know if they cross between the 84-86 XJ's and later models, but
> >AFAIK the rear u-joints, front u-joints and front axle u-joints are all the
> >same part number for 87-01 XJ's, all YJ's and TJ's. (D35 axle).

> > Carl

> > "jerryg" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> roups.com...

Hi Greg

I am apprehensive about parts from CTC. I am very happy with the guys
at Benson's because they are very knowledgable and always sell me good
parts at a good price. If you are offered a choice, get the u-joints
with a grease fitting.

Merrill

Old February 4th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jimmie D

"jerryg" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> How can I tell when I need to replace my rear u joint on my 95 YJ? Any
> visible signs? I am noticing some unexplained vibration.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Go ahead and replace the U joints, You are probably going to have to take
them apart to see if they are bad and as long as they are out you might as
well.

clicking cv joints krazy Technology 0 September 2nd 06 05:36 PM
CV joints worn out! TeGGeR® Honda 12 April 28th 06 04:35 AM
Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
CV joints on Toyota Corolla aurgathor Technology 4 December 14th 04 03:38 AM
CV Joints - New to group Kidd Andersson Honda 12 November 6th 04 01:57 PM